There has been a lot of bug fixes, re-balancing, change of sequence of play. So much I can't enumerate yet. There is a lot yet to happen but the current version is solid and quite fun the play, either solitaire or online against an opponent.

The game no longer requires VASSAL 3.2.8 be installed, yet it will work with it. There is PanzerFuror.bat for windows users and PanzerFuror.sh for linux users you can use to launch the game. VASSAL is integrated into it. So just unzip the file and fire up the .bat file and you are good to go.

The game is diverging significantly from the original concept.

The base game is feature complete except for the following items:

Documentation, documentation ...
Scenarios. Need lots of them and help if people want to make map packs and scenario packs. I have two stock ones.
API descriptions for the above.

Engineering function are scheduled for 0.0.a.28. Right now engineers only assist in close assaults but demolitions, and other things engineers do will be in this update.
Aircraft for 0.0.a.29. I have some great ideas on thjis.
Support for multiple generals per side.
MMO way down the line.

It looks a lot like PL/PB but that's where the game diverges.

A lot of alpha testing is needed. I have forums and such set up.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What rules does this game use?

It is based off the Panzer Leader/Panzer Blitz game. However, it has evolved over the past year I have been working on it into a different game, specifically designed as a computer game and taking advantages of the capabilities thereof, and not a board game. So, it is a work in progress and I am simply looking for people to help me test things out, new ideas etc.

Is this still active?

Do you have a test program yet?

Have you implemented any functionality from AIW?

Don't need to. I am diverging from all that. 

I am implementing a new combat system based on my life-long understanding of armored warfare and thing that i think work well. I am adding a 3D front end to it, which will be interesting to say the least.

I have borrowed many concepts I will admit, but that is where it ends. Meanwhile dev continues as I find the time.

FWIW I am also working in http://www.heavygear.com

As I could not get you test program[s] to work, I had pretty much written off the game [whatever the name is - 'Panzerfuror'?].

Is it still actively being developed?  Or have you switched to HG minis now?

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Kid posted photos
1 hour ago
Eric Walters replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Have got AVALANCHE: THE SALERNO LANDINGS by GDW on the wargame table and have it--at last--set up.…"
yesterday
Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played: S&T 324, "After the Fall". Two Battles on the last years of the Western Roman…"
yesterday
Stephen A Fliss left a comment for Eric Walters
"Thanks Eric!"
yesterday
Eric Walters left a comment for Stephen A Fliss
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social website, Stephen!  I detect from your list a preference for…"
yesterday
Stephen A Fliss is now a member of ConsimWorld
yesterday
Paul Brown joined Matt Severns's group
Thumbnail

Gamers - SCS

Come on in and discuss your favourite SCS titles, House rules, Game AAR's and Possessed dice…See More
Saturday
Paul Brown commented on Roberto J. Sanchez's group War and Peace
"I'd also just mention Mr Lincoln's War...Mark McLaughlin's port of the W&P…"
Saturday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service