How far will you go to have a cat-free (pet-free, kid-free, etc) wargaming environment

Views: 336

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I may be purchasing a 26-foot travel trailer with HD-TV that swivels so you can see it in the living area or the bedroom, full kitchen and a pop-out living space. The dining table is plenty big for a single-map wargame. I could probably put a piece of plywood on the bed and play a 4-mapper. $18,000 for a war room.
On various folders on the anti-social Consimworld (If this is the social one, that must not be), is my saga of what I had to go through to get and install a 4x8 foot magnetic dry erase board for vertical gaming. I have a good stock of counter clips in both sizes.

That's mostly to protect the game from cats. I established a kid-free wargaming environment by neglecting to acquire any of those.

The latest threats:

You forgot a picture of the magnetic board with appropriate wargaming attire.
The cat did that to my Bose Quiet Comfort 2 headphones.
Right. Okay, here's one. It turns out that it was cheaper to buy a 4x8 board from Office Depot than a 4x6. Go figure.
Attachments:
Is Lost Battles playable?
Sort of. John Burtt is doing a special Paper Wars on the first 20 S&T issue games, and he asked me to help out. So I don't want to preempt my own review. The rules aren't as strange as I remember them at the time, although there are some real head-scratchers. My main problem is that all four scenarios seem to heavily favor the Soviets.
So what did you do to post the photos inline?
To tell you the truth, I don't remember what I did when I posted the kitten pictures. As you can see, the picture of the game wall did not appear inline. Maybe it's because the kitten pictures were smaller.

Aha! The difference is that you have to click on the little picture icon in the menu bar of the message box. If you click on the "Upload Files?" thingie, they don't appear inline.
Thank you very much!
Luckily critters like what I saw this morning in the backyard don't get in near the wargames.
Attachments:

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Ian Schofield posted a photo

Barbed Wire Comparison

With and without added wire.
3 hours ago
Profile IconIan Raine and Aamir Zakaria joined ConsimWorld
yesterday
Eric Walters left a comment for Larry Belmont
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Larry!  Yes, one doesn't hear much about this…"
Thursday
Larry Belmont is now a member of ConsimWorld
Thursday
Ian Schofield posted photos
Tuesday
Tom Marshall joined Ed Beach's group
Thumbnail

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

Fans of the GCACW series. Titles include: Stonewall Jackson's Way, Here Come The Rebels, Roads to…See More
Tuesday
Dave Smith joined Charlescab's group
Sep 14
Eric Walters commented on Jon Compton's group Gaming Modern and Hypothetical Conflict
"World War III is back!  A slew of games published on the long-abandoned topic with many more…"
Sep 12

Events

Members

Recent CSW News Stories

Loading… Loading feed

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service