How far will you go to have a cat-free (pet-free, kid-free, etc) wargaming environment

Views: 335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's just so cruel! :-) My younger cat likes to play "Kitty Kong" and smack my miniatures figures around on the painting table. She has a habit of sneaking in to wreak havoc if I'm not vigilant. Whole armies have been scattered before her mighty paws...

On the other hand, my older cat couldn't care less so long as he has him pillow to sleep on and gets fed on time.
We proudly present: our ultimate, patent-registered consim cat protection ;)

The protection consists of two half cartons of strong paperboard which can be adjusted to various game sizes. In order to protect the game even when the cat jumps on top of the box, we support it with some tea cups.

Ok, you guys win! That is the best idea I have seen yet, and much less complicated than converting the world to magnetic or sticky-clay.
Attachments:
I need to do the same thing, but I'd need a 4'x8' box and a 3'x4' box for each of my regular game tables. And maybe another that's 3.4'x6' for another table.

My wife suggested something like that when we moved in and I started talking about ways to keep a game up and intact in the middle of the family rec room.
Denny,

I started doing the same thing with poster frames a few weeks ago (an unused poster frame perched atop my framed game map, supported by a set of cups). Only mine is to mouseproof, not catproof! We live in the country, so either you have mice, or you move.
Okay, I know this sounds radical and perhaps a bit too much for some, but my demonstrated solution for cat-free, pet-free, and kid-free, etc. wargaming environment is NOT TO HAVE THEM. No cats, no pets, no children. As I tell my wife Sue, I can do everything a cat/pet/kid can do, and more. I shed, I can eat her out of house and home, I don't need continuing vet visits and boarding at the kennel when going on vacation, and I am very entertaining most of the time, aggravating some of the time, and loving at the most appropriate times. 'Nuff said.

The first thing is to make a cat restraint system that actually works. I think there is more than one option. :)
My wife loves that shot!
I admit it. I saw it and immediately stole it for my own...:)) I added the stowaway on top to encourage Gary Christensen to hop a frieght to attend the CSW Expo a couple of years ago.
Cat is the other white meat.

Seriously, I like kitties, but being a dog person, I never had the problems that cat owners have. I just put the game higher than doggie's nose, and most everthing's fine.
Being a dog person obviously makes life so much easier... ;-)
Now Jim - you know our kitties love you....

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Profile IconIan Raine and Aamir Zakaria joined ConsimWorld
17 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for Larry Belmont
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Larry!  Yes, one doesn't hear much about this…"
Thursday
Larry Belmont is now a member of ConsimWorld
Thursday
Ian Schofield posted photos
Tuesday
Tom Marshall joined Ed Beach's group
Thumbnail

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

Fans of the GCACW series. Titles include: Stonewall Jackson's Way, Here Come The Rebels, Roads to…See More
Tuesday
Dave Smith joined Charlescab's group
Monday
Eric Walters commented on Jon Compton's group Gaming Modern and Hypothetical Conflict
"World War III is back!  A slew of games published on the long-abandoned topic with many more…"
Sep 12
Eric Walters commented on Eric Walters's group FIGHTING WINGS series games
"So happy with WINGS OF THE MOTHERLAND and the LPS/ATO Kickstarter campaign to reprint an updated…"
Sep 12

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service