I've long been interested in Analysis of many kinds, and a private passion for history and military. But I graduated from the Cybernetics faculty of the Academy of Economic Studies here in Bucuresti, Romania.
A good part of the curriculum was "Operations Research" which has the classic topics (linear programming, some nonlinear cases; graph theory for optimization; scheduling etc) but almost nothing on conflict or military apps.

Today I met some marketing guys/ladies and was shocked by their wordy empirical jargon, quite un-analytic but definitely cut-throat greedy in attitude. The key element would be the "soft factor" of deducing what makes customers buy, or what would make it in a different hypothetical situation. And after this, the art of wrapping the "consulting report" into as sparkly cloud of glitz, to make the ordering company pay regardless of content usefulness ;-)

Wonder what of the modern State-of-the-Art "Operations Analysis" can be actually *applied* in modern business ? or at least make it less bad for innocent bystanders ? '-)

Views: 14

Help Center

Latest Activity

Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Yes, Rebus is his main character. I've seen a Rebus book with the "Complaints…"
yesterday
Chuang Shyue Chou replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"I have yet to try the Rebus ones. The Rebus ones, I understand, is his primary vehicle. I know that…"
Thursday
Chuang Shyue Chou commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post Free Time to Work on Line of Departure Issue 83
"Yikes!"
Thursday
Roger Bridges is now a member of ConsimWorld
Wednesday
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"I've read Rankin's John Rebus detective novels only till now. The "Witch Hunt"…"
Wednesday
Jim Werbaneth commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post Free Time to Work on Line of Departure Issue 83
"And I didn't find Jesus in prison!"
Wednesday
Chuang Shyue Chou commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post Free Time to Work on Line of Departure Issue 83
"Do remember to add to your profile that you are and were a Facebook convict! You have done time!…"
Wednesday
Jim Werbaneth updated their profile
Wednesday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service