Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 8924

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Playing Richard III. (Columbia Games) at the moment. It's our first encounter with a block wargame and the initial impressions are quite good. But I suck with both factions - Lancaster and York LOL
Started Liberty Roads yesterday - had time to push through the first two turns mostly following the example of play. Now that I have a toe-hold on the continent, it's time to see how much of the rules I can remember when we sit down to play again.

I think I want to make up some sequence of play charts of my own so I know what to do when without having to dive back into the rulebook every thirty seconds. (Some games "click" with me - this is not one of them. A little help in the form of a homemade reminder chart will go a looooong way to getting my head out of the rulebook and into the game.)
A detailed sequence of play is on the back of the Example of Play Book.
Is Liberty Roads a monster game?
No. A map an a half.
Excellent, thank you! I hope to soon be playing Washington's War and CC Battle Pack #3 Normandy!
Me too! I have preordered them!
I hope WW will be a game as good as We the People! :-)
As a long time onlooker for We the People since I missed the game when it was first released, I hope WW can heal my deep wound. I once thought American Independence War was a subject not of my interest. But the game system is ground-breaking to CDG system and becomes one of the long time favourite of many wargamers. That changed my perception about the game as to why I have to have a copy myself.
I missed it too but I was able to trade last year for a good copy of WTP! I think WW will be a good game and fill the void that has existed for some time. CDG's are one of my favorite mechanics for games. It makes things unpredictable and keeps it lively! The American War for Independence is a good wargaming subject because many things vary in the war! Terrain is one of them and the quality of American units increases as the war continues!
I know, but it's not as detailed as what I want. And creating the cheatsheet also served to help solidify both the sequence and the rules in my brain as a side bonus.
A little CCE/M and prepping for the French in HIS. Have not played this 6 player before, I have a feeling I can get squeezed by the H'burgs and the Brits and it is also easy to p.o. the Pope. If that is threatened, I plan on taking one of them down with me big time and throw the game to the Protestants or the Ottomans.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Profile IconIan Raine and Aamir Zakaria joined ConsimWorld
16 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for Larry Belmont
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Larry!  Yes, one doesn't hear much about this…"
Thursday
Larry Belmont is now a member of ConsimWorld
Thursday
Ian Schofield posted photos
Tuesday
Tom Marshall joined Ed Beach's group
Thumbnail

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

Fans of the GCACW series. Titles include: Stonewall Jackson's Way, Here Come The Rebels, Roads to…See More
Tuesday
Dave Smith joined Charlescab's group
Monday
Eric Walters commented on Jon Compton's group Gaming Modern and Hypothetical Conflict
"World War III is back!  A slew of games published on the long-abandoned topic with many more…"
Sep 12
Eric Walters commented on Eric Walters's group FIGHTING WINGS series games
"So happy with WINGS OF THE MOTHERLAND and the LPS/ATO Kickstarter campaign to reprint an updated…"
Sep 12

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service