Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 8391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Currently going solo on ASL Starter Kit #1. Also working through the original Squad Leader with my 10 year old son at the same time. I have to admit that both at the same time can be a little confusing.
Republic of Rome - We had two 5-players games.  The Republic lost the war to the barbarians in the first game.  Didn't complete the second game but by that time I was leading with the highest influence in the Senate.  Stalin's War via Skype VASSAL with Ken.  We proceeded to Spring 1942 as the Russians passed through the severe test.  Ken drew no Taifun so Stalin was still in Moscow.  Twilight Struggle with Christian - I was the Soviet but I couldn't repeat what Christian could do to me when he was the Soviet, i.e. knocking me out in the first 4 turns.
Just set up Great Pacific War (by itself, not coupled with JP3R). Bombs start falling tonight.  Had the game since '07 but have never played at as I don't think it will have the level of detail that I like in a strategic game.  I usually play solitaire and I think that this series is more suited to the fun of a ftf game rather than as simulations. we'll see. The vastness of the map intrigues me. 

Picked up our Totaler Krieg! game where had left off when my son went back to school a few weeks ago. He left the Russians in good shape for a counter-attack south-west of Moscow and I was able to retake Minsk. It's early days for being this far forward and the Caucasus are still smarting under the German bootheel, but I think the Allies are doing well now.

Down south of there, my Western Allies are marching up Sardinia, attacking across the straits into Corsica, and I'm positioned to make the leap across into Palermo from in and around Tunis, as well. We are so far off the rails I really have to think about each cardplay in terms of what I am trying to accomplish and what resources I will be getting.

Once we are done with this game, we will be tackling Dai Senso. For that, we will both be out of our comfort zones. Should be fun!!

Starting a PBEM vassal game of Korea:The Forgotten War
Totaler Krieg sounds awesome!! Can't wait to pick up a copy. Good luck with your attacks!!
Playing Case Blue and Paths of Glory on Vassal. Played 1805: Sea of Glory with a friend. I'm playing World at War:Blood and Bridges with my kids.
Started Dai Senso yesterday against Chad. So far, I have no clue what I'm doing so I'm trying to following the cards in historical order until I can wrap my head around the whole thing. My die rolling has been less than hot, but survivable. I can already see that no real headway will be made in China, but I have to push for the three green hexes I can grab to get things rolling for the Japanese. Then things should start going my way (until I awaken the giant) and I'll feel like I have my feet under me for a while.
Good luck!! I bet Chad will show no mercy!! :-)

Played: "Age of Empires: The Age of Discovery" by Eagle Games. This was with my gaming club. Managed two plays and lost both times. Everyone had fun and a good game.

GMT's "Infidel". Played only one Scenario  FTF, Ascalon. Lost as the muslims. This is "Men of Iron II". A good follow up to Men of Iron I.

Playing: GMT's " The Conquerors: Alexander the Great" FTF. Playing the Persians and so far keeping Alex at bay. "Paths of Glory" FTF as the Allies. Holding in the west but being pushed back in the east. Its spring 1915. The German player did not use the "Guns of August" card. First time I've seen that done in this game.

Empire of the Sun.
Back to SPQR - Utica

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Eric Walters left a comment for Christopher A. Lawrence
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website!  Am pretty sure you are the same Christopher A.…"
2 hours ago
Manuel P. Ron is now friends with Jeff Fisher and ron brooks
7 hours ago
Jeff Fisher posted a status
"Here is a screen shot from way back when... http://social.consimworld.com/profiles/blogs/2011369:BlogPost:29825"
10 hours ago
"Yep, I wrote them both and seem to have lost everything having to do with the newer and updated program "GTL Editor"..."
10 hours ago
"Everyone, I'm looking for some help. Need a copy of "GTL Editor" which I wrote back in the late 2000... Not "GTL Text Editor" Thanks"
10 hours ago
Jeff Fisher joined Andy Loakes's group
Thumbnail

Limey Yank Games

Do you visit Limey Yank Games for Cyberboard gameboxes, counter scans, etc.? If so please feel free…See More
10 hours ago
Steve commented on Jacob Wikman's group Operational Combat Series Gaming
"I can’t see any comments here after 2013, and no discussions after 2017. Is there an issue…"
yesterday
Christopher A. Lawrence is now a member of ConsimWorld
Monday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service