Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 8749

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After playing DOWNTOWN, my longtime wargaming friend and I ventured into GMT's Battles of the American Revolution game, NEWTOWN.  This is a title I'd not played before; I always went for ORISKANY (my father served on the aircraft carrier of the same name in the Vietnam War).  Boy, had I been missing out!  The game pits the Patriot Sullivan's expedition against a prepared coalition of Indian tribes defending a line of breastworks outside of town; there's a small contingent of Brits involved as well.  The American is under a lot of pressure to push the Indians aside and take the town; there's cattle herd they've got behind them that won't stop running and is worth points to the Indians if they capture it.  But it's not easy.  It takes a while for the Patriots to get everybody on the board and formed up to assault the Indian position, and the Indians might sortie out of their breastworks to complicate things.  There's also some light infantry in the American backfield that must be guarded against!  Problem running the Indian side is that the tribes are very difficult to coordinate as they are moved by a chit-pull mechanism and can decide to fight for the sport of it at any given time, whether the force as a whole is ready to do that or not!

Starting the wife on some games, so I opened the Blue&Gray quad 2, Across 5 Aprils and Lee’s Invincibles. They are all new to me also, but I at least have a history of wargaming where she does not. I was reminded how experienced players take so much for granted in getting a new game, such as being able to read a counter and a CRT.

Played: "Sepoy Mutiny:1857-1859" in S&T 320. FTF with myself. A enjoyable game and recommended. 

Played: GMT's "Caesar: Conquest of Gaul mod Gergovia". FTF with myself, again. Caesar lost again. GBOH Greatest system of all. Highly Recommended.

A Victory Denied. The first of several MMP games I have sitting on the shelve.

Played: "Invasion Pearl Harbor" in W@W 14. A "what if" if the Japs had carried out a planned landing at the same time as the Pearl Harbor attack but cancelled. Played FTF with myself. A OK game and plays fast.

Played: SPQR scenario "Battle of Ticinus" with Vassal/ Skype live. A fun little battle. Will play some more of these Cavalry Battles. Fun to talk to a live opponent.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Andy Loakes posted a status
"LYG's June Upadate is Complete. See what we have for you here: www.likeyyankgames.co.uk"
5 hours ago
Dan Geer posted a status
"I've been looking for a Vassal (something akin) module for Proud Monster Deluxe. Where can I find one? Thnaks"
yesterday
Nathan posted a video

Guide to Operation Overlord Wargames [D-Day, Normandy, 6 June 1944]

Guide to Operation Overloard Games [D-Day, Normandy, 6 June 1944]
yesterday
Eric Walters commented on Kid's photo
Thumbnail

Hue

"Really appreciate the annotations on the map, showing those historically significant locations!"
yesterday
Kid posted a photo

Hue

Part of Hue south-east-of the river. To use for the 'Sweep' actions of the US Marines capturing the…
Thursday
Eric Walters left a comment for Dan Geer
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Dan.  I'm sure you've found the ASL group…"
Thursday
Dan Geer is now a member of ConsimWorld
Thursday
Eric Walters commented on Kid's photo
Thumbnail

ASL PTO 2

"All sorts of tactical possibilities on this board!  "
Thursday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links