Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 8745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just finished up WIlderness War. I have a replay recorded in my blog over at CSW Forums.

Next, I am playing In Their Quiet Fields II, which is a, The Gamers, Civil War Brigade series treatment of the battle of Antietam. I have played this battle before with the CWBS. Looks like fun.

Just finished finishing Joaquim on Space Empires over Vassal :D

Starting a non-wargame of interest - Le Foi et le Glaive. 

The two byzantine ones are quite different from most. Otherwise though, it's

set up to allow for a fair amount of balance. Rules system doesn't treat them

differently - and set up is about as balanced looking as a Dip game. With the 

big exception of the Byzantines. There are minor religions to fiddle around with

though. So far, I'm not disappointed, even if it's not the detailed investigation

I'd most want.

Big weekend.

Friday we played a round of Sekigahara.

Then 1 battle at the platoon level set in West Germany between Dutch and Soviets during WWIII to capture a town and bridge. Tense fighting with the Soviets on the defense.

Wrapped up by a small slaughter of VC by the USMC in Lock 'n Loads LNL series classic reprint called Forgotten Heroes. Super fun.

Some NBS late Saturday night solo.

And yesterday another side by side session. With 4 of us playing 2 copies of No Retreat.  Clearly one group of guys had read the rules....and one had not.   We left one group preparing to fight on into 1945! The other was a sudden death victory mid '44 I believe for the Soviets.

I recenty finished:  In Their Quiet Fields. I have posted the replay in my Blog at CSW Forum.

I am now working on The Sun Never Sets II, from S&T 274. I won't be posting this replay to my blog as it is reserved for Decision Games' Online Moves.

I have replays of the original The Sun Never Sets game in my blog though.  

I will add this note, that the graphics in Volume 2 are much better.

Finished loading up Unhappy King Charles.

Currently back to SPQR.

Played Compass Games' "Spartacvs" and "The God Kings". All of the players were rookies for both games. "Spartacvs" is a 2 player game of the Sertorians(rebels) against the Roman Republic. It is a point to point and CDG.  I lost on the last turn. Even though its called "Spartacvs", he only comes in close to the end of the game. This helps sell the game I bet. It is a good game and Recommended.

"The God Kings" is on the 'very' Ancient Near East, 1500-1250BC. It is also point to point and a CDG. It is a 4 player game but with smaller scenarios for 2 or 3 players. The countries are the Hittites, Egypt, Mitanni, and Babylon. There are some smaller states/tribes and rebels that can pop up to cause trouble. Turns are 25 years. We played the 3 player scenario of 2 turns. I was the Mitanni, against Egypt and the Hittites. Babylon is neutral. Each side has different set of victory conditions. We had problems with the rules but resolved them though this dragged out the game. Egypt won on the last turn by a hair. I liked this game better than "Spartacvs". Recommended.

Right now, I'm playing Washington's Crossing, from Revolution Games.

I just finished playing Sedan 1940 from the latest World at War magazine (#24, I think). I only played the short scenario. I didn't care for it. I give it a 5 or 6. I am not a fan of France 1940 situations so that likely plays into it.

I haven't figured out what I will play next.

Some SPQR, and...oh yeah - Virgin Queen.

Nice video series on the Virgin Queen. Definitely interested in that. I will wait to pluck a copy for less than the current price though.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Kid posted photos
4 hours ago
Greg A Siegfriedt-Wilson posted a discussion

MechWar 77 etc

Actually this is not just about MechWar but I cannot seem to find articles or discussion about it…See More
10 hours ago
Profile IconGreg A Siegfriedt-Wilson, m skidgell, Lee Balsiger and 1 more joined ConsimWorld
11 hours ago
Ian Schofield posted a photo

Rivet Wars Terrain - Cemetary

From Combat Zone - Chibi Terrain Line. Shown with (my only) painted rivet for size comparison.
yesterday
Garrett W and Joffrey van de Wiel are now friends
Friday
Edgar Gallego added a discussion to the group zun tzu
Thumbnail

Connection problems with ZunTzu

I can't use ZunTzu for online gaming. If I try to be a HOST, it seems there is something wrong, and…See More
Thursday
Steven Rugge commented on brian s. b.'s group zun tzu
"Hi Michael,     Sure, we can give it a try.  After our successful try a month…"
Thursday
Michael Wilding commented on brian s. b.'s group zun tzu
"Steve Rugge, can we connect.  I am trying to document how we got ZT working together."
Thursday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service