Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 8861

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After playing DOWNTOWN, my longtime wargaming friend and I ventured into GMT's Battles of the American Revolution game, NEWTOWN.  This is a title I'd not played before; I always went for ORISKANY (my father served on the aircraft carrier of the same name in the Vietnam War).  Boy, had I been missing out!  The game pits the Patriot Sullivan's expedition against a prepared coalition of Indian tribes defending a line of breastworks outside of town; there's a small contingent of Brits involved as well.  The American is under a lot of pressure to push the Indians aside and take the town; there's cattle herd they've got behind them that won't stop running and is worth points to the Indians if they capture it.  But it's not easy.  It takes a while for the Patriots to get everybody on the board and formed up to assault the Indian position, and the Indians might sortie out of their breastworks to complicate things.  There's also some light infantry in the American backfield that must be guarded against!  Problem running the Indian side is that the tribes are very difficult to coordinate as they are moved by a chit-pull mechanism and can decide to fight for the sport of it at any given time, whether the force as a whole is ready to do that or not!

Starting the wife on some games, so I opened the Blue&Gray quad 2, Across 5 Aprils and Lee’s Invincibles. They are all new to me also, but I at least have a history of wargaming where she does not. I was reminded how experienced players take so much for granted in getting a new game, such as being able to read a counter and a CRT.

Played: "Sepoy Mutiny:1857-1859" in S&T 320. FTF with myself. A enjoyable game and recommended. 

Played: GMT's "Caesar: Conquest of Gaul mod Gergovia". FTF with myself, again. Caesar lost again. GBOH Greatest system of all. Highly Recommended.

A Victory Denied. The first of several MMP games I have sitting on the shelve.

Played: "Invasion Pearl Harbor" in W@W 14. A "what if" if the Japs had carried out a planned landing at the same time as the Pearl Harbor attack but cancelled. Played FTF with myself. A OK game and plays fast.

Played: SPQR scenario "Battle of Ticinus" with Vassal/ Skype live. A fun little battle. Will play some more of these Cavalry Battles. Fun to talk to a live opponent.

Hello John I want to thank you for the designer signature editions at Compass Games.  Just bought a copy of the 1973 edition of The African Campaign and love it.  Really did update AH's Afrika Korps and turn the game into a simulation without a massive rules overhead.  You have convinced me to search out and find a copy of Compasses edition of this great classic.  You really improved on a classic!  I am looking at your other signature editions seriously.  

I have to second Kevin's thanks for these Designer Signature Editions.  I've played these for African Campaign and Russia Besieged, titles I still had the original versions for.  Both were significant improvements on what were already great games; nice to know these have come back in print (at least for now!)  Fortress Europa is in the queue and I very much want to break out the new Bar-Lev and Decision at Kasserine editions but those latter two are definitely more involved than their predecessors!  Am also anxious to get Forgotten Legions on the table as well as I still have the old originals that I've not touched in decades but remember playing.  Haven't ordered the newer version of France '44 as I was lukewarm on Victory Games original edition, but the fans of that title sure a singing the praises for the Compass Games republication of it!  I look forward to more games in the series.  I am also grateful that Paper Wars magazine has been bringing back many old wargame titles from my teenage years with design updates and substantially better graphics, along with the new designs!  Well done!

I picked up Panzer Battles SCS from MMP. I couldn't resist the firesale price. I found a good YouTube video to give me an idea of the game play. I just need to dive into the rules and separate the counters (always a favorite moment).  On the ASL front, I picked up a couple of Rally Packs covering Forgotten War. I am also exploring VASL. Now if I can just get more time!!

Played the next 3 battles in C3i 10's "Equus Battles" for SPQR on Vassal. I and my adversary split the 4 battles. I was Carthage and he Rome. Lots of fun. Recommended.

Played: "The Silver River" by Robert Burke Games. A SF multi-player game on colonization and war in the Milky Way galaxy.   Very Good and Recommended.

I have the original Proud Monster on my table. Now I need to read the rules.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Eric Walters left a comment for Richard Northey
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Richard.  PANZERBLITZ is indeed a class title and…"
17 hours ago
Richard Northey is now a member of ConsimWorld
17 hours ago
Jim Werbaneth posted a blog post

Talking about American Seacoast Fortifications

This is today's big project.  I gave a presentation at Armchair Dragoons' virtual game convention,…See More
yesterday
Joe F. (Art of Wargames) joined Jo Bader's group
Thumbnail

Second Front

This is my tun-based game 'Second Front' for PC and Mc. It is showing tactical WW2 actions of…See More
yesterday
Eric Walters and Joe F. (Art of Wargames) are now friends
yesterday
Joe F. (Art of Wargames) updated their profile
yesterday
Jim Werbaneth commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post Line of Departure News
"Thanks, Eric!  I have MMP game too, just haven't tried it yet.  Give me…"
yesterday
Eric Walters commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post Line of Departure News
"JIm, I got my copy and--as usual--read it cover to cover!  Your review of THE DAY OF WATERLOO…"
yesterday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service