Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 8983

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Played: w@w 17, "Leningrad '41" Germans won on last turn. Not bad.

Market-Garden anniversary games. S&T#77 "Red Devils", S&T#233 "Dagger Thrusts" and MMP "Target:Arnhem".
All fun, easy, quick.
And, of course, watched "A Bridge Too Far"!

Played: Decision Games "RAF" intro twice. Brits hung on. Good game.

Nuts! Publishing game "Fitna" intro on the Syrian Civil War with Vassal. A multi-player CDG game on the Middle East of today. Our group will try a 4 or 5 player of this soon, FTF. Was lots of fun.

Played: S&T 324, "After the Fall". Two Battles on the last years of the Western Roman Empire. Tried the Faesulae 405 scenario. Has possibilities but needs more play. 

SPI's Victory in the West system. Played "Patton's 3rd Army". Ami's did not go far. An "oldie but goodie".

Our group played the 4 player scenario(Kurds Independence) from Nuts! Publishing's game "Fitna". Everyone liked the system and will play again.

Have got AVALANCHE: THE SALERNO LANDINGS by GDW on the wargame table and have it--at last--set up.  Got the game on BGG Marketplace for a song, but there were a few missing pieces that I had to fabricate and the setup took a while given my eyes had trouble seeing the unit IDs.  Am playing with none of the optional rules and using the Panther and Tiger tank company combat values, even though the most recent research on the battle reveals neither tank was present in significant quantities.  No matter.  I don't want to screw up the balance in trying this out.

Am bouncing back and forth between my home in Central Virginia and the Carolinas as I've got some family health issues to help with, so I don't expect to get the game finished until the New Year.  Then I'll decide whether to play it again with the optionals.  

This is a game I have long wanted and I'm eager to get into it.  The system is fairly straightforward but a bit unusual.  The only bad thing--if one can say this--are the high stacks that can occasionally occur, from what I read of the stacking rules.  We'll see if they actually happen in the game.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Eric Walters replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Have got AVALANCHE: THE SALERNO LANDINGS by GDW on the wargame table and have it--at last--set up.…"
12 hours ago
Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played: S&T 324, "After the Fall". Two Battles on the last years of the Western Roman…"
13 hours ago
Stephen A Fliss left a comment for Eric Walters
"Thanks Eric!"
15 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for Stephen A Fliss
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social website, Stephen!  I detect from your list a preference for…"
yesterday
Stephen A Fliss is now a member of ConsimWorld
yesterday
Paul Brown joined Matt Severns's group
Thumbnail

Gamers - SCS

Come on in and discuss your favourite SCS titles, House rules, Game AAR's and Possessed dice…See More
Saturday
Paul Brown commented on Roberto J. Sanchez's group War and Peace
"I'd also just mention Mr Lincoln's War...Mark McLaughlin's port of the W&P…"
Saturday
Paul Brown commented on Roberto J. Sanchez's group War and Peace
"Hmm...I'd be up for a Vassal play of one of the scenarios to help build my Vassall knowledge…"
Saturday

Events

Members

Top Content 

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service