Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 8188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Played: "Battle for Germany" by SPI. We played the 3 player version. The Germans held out to the last turn(10) but lost Berlin then. The Anglo-Americans won. A great game. Only played the 2 player version before.

"ShieldWall: Hastings 1066" by White Dog Games. A simple system on the battle. Played twice and the Anglo-Saxons won both times. A good game and quick to play. Recommended.

"Star Borders" Vol I by VP Games. A Star Wars type game. The Evil Imperium against the Free Alliance. A fun and quick game. The Imperium lost this one.

"Deluxe Alexander" from GBOH by GMT Games. Played the Granicus Scenario. Alas poor Alex lost and will not be so great. My favorite game from GBOH which is my favorite game system. Great System.

Doing Dark Emperor. Planning on hitting the #1 request game next.

Played: "Gela" Scenario from GMT's GBOH Tyrant module. Great System.

"Eclipse" by Lautapelit. Played the expanded version with more of everything. A great SF system. 

"Castiglione" from GMT's "Triumph and Glory". A good system on Napoleonic Warfare that can be played relatively quickly.

"Marengo" from SPI's "Napoleon ant War" Quad Game. A old time favorite that is good as a quick filler when time is short. 

Recent face to face gaming:

Cuba Libre x2, both Syndicate wins.

Polis: Fight for the Hegemony, Sparta won (plus another game of it on going via Vassal)

BCT Command: Kandahar x2, both Insurgent wins (plus 2 more solitaire)

Played: GMT's "Iron and Oak", CC: Ancients Epic, and CC: Napleonics. All good games.

AH's "New World", Conquistador Lite. Conquistador is better but a lot longer.

S&T's "The War of 1812, Excellent, and "Soldiers of the Queen: Omdurman, great when playing the British.

Advanced European Theatre of Operations - a vastly underrated game, and in parallel Vimy Ridge - Arras Diversion

The Road to Cheren from Revolution Games. A small and simple game that takes little time to learn but has tons of potential for replay. This is just what the doctor ordered in terms of minimal space and time to play during the holidays. I really appreciate what Kim Kanger has put together here and now I am closely looking at some of his other titles to possibly put on a wish list.

Glad to see you are liking it, especially as you bought it with the aid (not entirely because) of my review.

I'm playing a lot of stuff on Vassal, but the newest one I started up is Campaign Commander, Volume II: Coral Sea by e-mail, which is a first (maybe ever?)  We devised a clever system to pull it off.  I just love this game: it's one of the most original designs I have ever seen.

Played: VP Game "Fuentes de Onoro 20": OK.

GMT's "Wellington": Great Game.

SPI's "El Alamein": Very good but watch the minefields. Lots of them.

S&T's "Fail Safe": Played the marxists twice and a draw both times. A good game about "lets go a nuking".

Currently I am playing Loyalte Me Lye, about Bosworth Field from White Dog Games.  It's my first White Dog game, with the laser-cut counters, and I am pretty happy with it.  I am excited by the idea that they are using the latest, correct archaeology about the location of the battlefield.  Not completely clear on how archers melee, though.

Next up is the new Breitenfield.  I still have and have always loved the old 30YW quad, and I am VERY interested in all the new detail that has been added to the new version.

- Chris Salander     San Jose, CA

Played: "Eclipse" by Lautapelit.fi. Played a 3 player game with my gaming group. This is a popular game for our group. A very good game. I came in last this time.

"Outreach" by SPI. A unusual game on space war and exploration. Moves very slowly.Played the 2 player version. Just OK.

"Dark Valley" by GMT. This was a test run to learn the system for play at Monstercon. Has a different play system with the chit draws to activate units. Needs further play to make a more objective opinion.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

John Edwards is now a member of ConsimWorld
4 hours ago
Bob DeSilva commented on Eric Walters's group All That is Avalon Hill
"Anyone know where I can get a counter list for Tobruk?"
18 hours ago
Bob DeSilva joined Eric Walters's group
Thumbnail

All That is Avalon Hill

Recalling everything that was the old Avalon Hill Game Company and playing the new stuff since…See More
18 hours ago
Mark Traylor left a comment for Steve
"Steve:  Welcome to the area.  No ftf groups that I know of.  I generally have only…"
Sunday
Mark Traylor and Steve are now friends
Sunday
Eric Walters posted a photo

CATACLYSM -- early 1941-1942 Turn

In commemoration of the anniversary of both Operation BARBAROSSA and Operation BAGRATION on…
Sunday
zatoichi is now a member of ConsimWorld
Sunday
Steve joined Steve Dixon's group
Thumbnail

Operation Nordwind, Dec. 31, 1944 to January 18, 1945

Currently looking for play testers for this card driven game. It's meant to introduce new players…See More
Sunday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service