Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 7399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Been doing a bit of "retro" gaming recently--all old stuff.  BATTLE FOR GERMANY (DG version), TURNING POINT: STALINGRAD (AH), and SOLDIERS (SPI).  Did take a dive into Legion Wargames'/Kim Kanger's DIEN BIEN PHU: THE FINAL GAMBLE which is excellent!  Fooled around with MMP's recent STORM OVER DIEN BIEN PHU and LPS's ATO game, LA VALLEE DE LA MORT, both on the same battle. Am itching to get back into ASLSK and/or ASL and some monster games, though!  Just don't have time at the moment as I'd doing a lot over the weekends for teaching Army majors at Command and General Staff College!

Played 5 turns of Sword of Rome last Saturday with three other players. Great game. I was leading as the Gauls, but then the Greeks came up and amassed many points.

Played: GMT's Chandragupta, AH's Merchant of Venus, and Fantasy Flight's remake of Merchant of Venus. All great games.

Played: "Cosmic Encounter" by Fantasy Flight Games. A fun game with lots of Aliens to play with.

"Warfighter" by DVG Games. A solitaire game of Black Ops played against Drug Lords or mohammadans. Multiple people can play as a team against the system which we did(5). Played a mohammadan scenario. We won, just barely. A little to abstract for me.

Hi, I'm playing a game I designed over the weekend that I'm really in love with now. I'm using counters from LnL's Heroes of the Gap on ASL maps (similar scale) and rules that heavily tweak Bob Cordery's Portable Wargames in favor of a browser game I used to play called Online Frontlines.

Essentially it's a fast and simple board game that allows me to play many different kinds of scenarios with infantry and land/air vehicles, without having to worry about lots of rules. All combat has been reduced to one die roll modified by one table of my own design, and it works well. I'm having a blast.

Played: VP Games "Ancient Battles Deluxe". Just OK. The melee combat system needs a Math Expert to figure out. We finally did but was confusing at first. Prefer GBOH.

Hasbro's "History of the World". Very good, lots of fun, and highly Recommended.

MMP's "The Mighty Endeavor-Expansion". This is the SCS series. We played the Dec 44, Battle for Germany Scenario. The western Allies won but neither side advance to far into Germany. The Soviets are handicap by a "luck of the die" supply system. I played the Soviets and had a average of 2 HQ's activated for Attack supply. There were a couple of times when only one HQ's was activated. No Attack supply, no attacks. This is some kind of play balance gimmick. Need to come up with a viable solution to this. Otherwise the game was just OK. 

ABD just didn't give the rich experience I wanted.

It's a game I respect more than enjoy.

I just put Enemy Coast Ahead away and I have Bradley's D-Day out to punch. I started reading the rules last night.

Have Hell's Highway on the table. Andean Abyss on tab next Saturday with da-boyz.

About to finish a short Battle of the Bulge (Avalanche Press) scenario, and then put that away and put Memoir '44 on the table.  Just bought the Campaign Book, vol. 2.  Sadly, solo, for now, until I learn of some local players.

Played: Barbarossa Scenario from GMT's "The Dark Valley". The Russians held on. 

The new edition of Alex the Great by GMT. The rules have been changed somewhat based on "Hoplite". Still the best of GBOH games.

"Age of Mythology" by Eagle Games. There is only Greek, Norse, and Ancient Egyptian gods and warriors in this. A fun multi-player game. I like the Assyrian/Sumerian/Babylon gods more so. Could be a add on.

Playing GMT's "Silver Bayonet". Played all the basic Scenarios. The Commies lost all of these. The "Running Dogs" have too much fire power. Started playing the advance scenarios. Much more "meat" to play with such as hidden units for the Commies. Not bad. 

Playing Compass Games version of Bitter Woods.  I'm playing the Germans and enjoying it so far.  I've been pushing forward, have eliminated about a division's worth of American units, and have gotten bogged down on my left flank trying to sweep around to take Bastogne from the rear.

We're in the part of the game where we both have zero air support and I'm feeling the pressure to make something happen while I've got this little window.  I neglected to rebuild bridges and my left flank has been cut off from their supply.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Greg Blanchett updated their profile
5 hours ago
Jeffrey Mayer posted a photo

15mm Panzer B2s

3d prints
14 hours ago
Wayne Rotella posted a status
"GMT just charged for Holland '44! Wouldn't it be great to get before Sep 17th? This my be the most excited I have been about a game!"
yesterday
Kim Kanger posted a blog post
Wednesday
Matt Eland posted a blog post

Learning of my Grandfathers through Wargaming

Hey all. Just heard of you all, and appreciative of the add.I'm not a huge wargamer, though I used…See More
Wednesday
Matt Eland is now a member of ConsimWorld
Wednesday
Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played: "Spheres of Influence" by Little Nuke Games and "Wings for the Baron"…"
Tuesday
BoardTactical joined Kim Meints's group
Thumbnail

All Things GMT

We have groups for different GMT titles.So why not a group to discuss everything about the…See More
Tuesday

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2017   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service