Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 7454

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Currently re reading the rules to Advanced Pacific Theater of Operations. Want to play the war in China from the Marco Polo Bridge forward.

Played: With our gaming group; 1985 version of "Junta". Never heard of this game but a fun little political game of backstabbing. Able to bump off El Presidente and was bump off too. GMT's "Genesis" again, popular with our group. Finally had 4 players. Most enjoyable.

S&T 190, "The Gauntlet". This is the Chicoms drive to retake Western N. Korea. Ended in a draw. Maybe try the campaign "Chosin plus "Gauntlet" someday.

Compass Games "The Fall of the Third Reich". A complete solitaire trial run. Good Game. Some problems but errata is coming out per the Forum site. Next FTF.

Played at MonsterCon this year: "The Fall of the Third Reich" by Compass Games twice. The nazis lost both times on Turn 5 and then on turn 7. The Soviets drove to the Rhine both times and main winner. umm, does not look good for the nazi player. The game is 12 turns long.

"Gem Rush" by VPG. a multi-player game on mining for gems. Takes some thinking. Not bad.

GMT's "Blue Cross, White Ensign" on the Russian Navy in the Age of Sail. Great Game.

GMT's "Wing Leader". A decent game.

VPG's "Villainous Vikings". A fun game.

Another great time at MonsterCon. Keep up the good work John.

Currently have two games set up:

On Grandma Payne's dining table, it's DVG's "Fleet Commander Nimitz". Interesting but massive solitaire undertaking, even bigger than Compass' "Silent War", I think.

On the kitchen peninsula is Legion's  "Target for Today", the solitaire number of bombing runs over Europe, in the same family as the earlier "B-29 Superfortress", which I enjoyed very much.

On the computer I've been playing "Sengoku Jidai" and "Naval Action". To be honest though, I usually get sidetracked into "Train Simulator 2017", which I love (trains, another hobby). :)

Played: "Spheres of Influence" by Little Nuke Games and "Wings for the Baron" by VPG with our gaming group. Very Good multi-player games and lots of fun.

"Halls of Montezuma" by GMT Games. A hard nut to crack but well worth it. The Mexican player won the game but the Gringos probably would of won the war.  The Gringos have to push, push, quickly to win. Very good and a good learning device on this war.

Our gaming grp played: "Quartermaster General" by Gringgling Games. You play teams: Axis vs Allies. We had 4 players. Allies won but a fun quick little gem.

"Time of Crisis" by GMT games. A game on the 3rd Century A.D crisis of the Roman Empire. Can play up to 4 which is recommended. You try to put your family/dynasty in power vs everyone else. Reminds me of "Junta" by AEG. Everyone else liked it but me. My first impression was negative, too euroish for my tastes. Maybe a couple or more tries might work.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Rae Noritake left a comment for Dorian Key
"Hi Dorien, Just signed up for ConsimWorld and saw your post looking for local gamers. There is a…"
13 hours ago
Rae Noritake joined Jay Czarnecki's group
Thumbnail

Baltimore-DC-Northern Virginia Area Gamers

This purpose of this group is to create a census of gamers in the Baltimore-DC-Virginia area, and…See More
14 hours ago
Rae Noritake joined Kim Meints's group
Thumbnail

Everything OSG

The Birth,death and then Rebirth of OSG and all it's games
14 hours ago
Rae Noritake joined Jo Bader's group
Thumbnail

Hexdraw Users

a place to discuss which new graphics are needed to realize your MapsSee More
14 hours ago
Rae Noritake joined John Bobek's group
14 hours ago
Rae Noritake joined Tony's group
Thumbnail

Map Making

Group to discuss boardgame Map Making.Where amateur and published map makers can discuss and assist…See More
14 hours ago
Rae Noritake updated their profile
14 hours ago
Brian C.W. Jarvis joined Andreas Ludwig's group
Thumbnail

Up Front! The Squad Leader Card Game

THE card based consim par excellence...
yesterday

Groups

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2017   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service