Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 7928

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Recently got back to a weekly (more or less) game night at my house having gotten my game room partially put back together after 'an incident'  :-)

We played the original AH We The People by Mark Herman for our first game.  I was the rebels.  We both thought the Redcoats were cruising to a strong victory, until the war ended and we added up the provinces - suddenly the rebels had pulled out a victory.  It was a great fast playing game to get us back in the habit.

The next week we played the AH Napoleon black game in the gray box.  This time I was the French aggressor.  I drove up the left flank, and running out of time brought a combined Brit/Prussian force to battle.  Both of us wee able to add reinforcements for about three turns and it became a great grinding away of forces.  The center was a large artiellery duel, with an infantry slugfest on my left flank and cavalry skirmish on the right flank.  Eventually the Brit's killed enough french for victory (I had taken a few losses in a diversionary attack gone bad earlier in the game...)  Another fast playing game!!  

We think up next is GMT Reds - then maybe some ASL!!

Played: AH's "Civilization" with 5 players. Never played this game before. A great game, will have to play it again.

My latest game was a GHQ: Modern miniatures game, some middle east action.

I'm trying to get some friends to play the game as regularly as possible, so far  they like the game. 

Played: Flying Pigs game "'65". A tac game on Vietnam but with cards. It is OK as a game but had trouble drawing the "right" cards as in Poker. The system did not "grab me".

"Summit" by Hasbro. A cold war game capable of playing up to 6 players. It is fairly quick and lots of fun, surprisingly.

Played: "An Infamous Traffic" by Hollandspiele. A game on the opium smuggling by the Brits and others into Manchu China. It is a economic game for up to 5 players who try to get rich. Unusual system that is not always clear. Had 5 players and half were not to "into" this system, me included. Some did like it.

"Battle for Germany" by SPI. A classic game and lots of fun. We played the 3 player version. A close game where the Soviets won but only by 2 points and the German player almost held Berlin for a win.

Played: "Vietnam 1965-1975" by Victory Games. Played the Tet Scenario. Took a long time but commies won. Interesting system but too much depth.

Played: "Flying Colors" by GMT. Always fun to play. GBOH "Battles of the Warrior Queen" a mod to "Conquest of Gaul" by GMT. Great new addition to GBOH.

At Monstercon: "War Galley" by GMT and some more "Warrior Queen" by GMT.

"Nemesis: Burma 1944" by Legion War Games, "Chariots of Rome" by VPG. All good games.

Bought at Monstercon: "Konigsberg" by Revolution Games, "Demyansk Shield" by Legion War Games, and "Knight's Cross of Iron" by Masahiro Yamazaki. Another Great time at Monstercon.

Played: AH "Civilization" with gaming group. A great game.

MMP's " Karelia 44". a SCS game on Soviet drive to knock Finland out of the war. OK.

Revolution Games "Konigsberg" . East Prussia Jan 1945. Very Good.

Playing Stonewall Jackson's Way with my biweekly FTF buddy and trying to figure out Fifth Corps (old SPI) playing solo.

Played: "Venetia" by Passport Game Studios. A Euro game on the rise and fall of Venice. As a Euro game the history is lacking but not bad as a game.

"Wellington" by GMT games. A CDG on Wellington's Spanish campaigns against the French. Very Good.

Played: "Serenissima" by Ystari Games. A good multi-player game for a group.

"Historia" by Giochix.it+4 more.  OK.

Playing: "Blood and Roses" from Men of Iron series by GMT games. 2 Scenarios left. Great Game.

"First Crusade" in S&T 299. A solitaire game on same. Fun Game.

I was playing Totaler Krieg until a sudden flood hit Europe. I may have had something to do with that when I knocked my cup over! :o

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

John Dietrich joined Ed Beach's group
Thumbnail

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

Fans of the GCACW series. Titles include: Stonewall Jackson's Way, Here Come The Rebels, Roads to…See More
3 hours ago
Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2018
"Bosworth 1485, the last battle from GMT's Blood & Roses. We played all the battles in the…"
21 hours ago
Hernan Ruiz Camauer commented on Gilbert Collins's blog post Hex grid as a file
"Gilbert, If you download Battlegrounds Gaming Engine from here, you'll find some transparent…"
yesterday
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Legion Versus Phalanx" by Myke Cole. This covers the period 280-168 BC when the…"
yesterday
Wayne Rotella joined Matt Severns's group
Thumbnail

MARKETPLACE -

Buyin', Sellin' and good ol' fashioned horse tradin.......Can't find what you need? Go to the CSW…See More
Sunday
Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played: "Wide Blue Yonder" by GMT Games. A campaign game where the Ami's lost. This…"
Sunday
Armand R. Cingolani III is now a member of ConsimWorld
Wednesday
Oliver S. Linßen joined Matt Severns's group
Thumbnail

MARKETPLACE -

Buyin', Sellin' and good ol' fashioned horse tradin.......Can't find what you need? Go to the CSW…See More
Dec 11

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service