Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 7731

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Recently got back to a weekly (more or less) game night at my house having gotten my game room partially put back together after 'an incident'  :-)

We played the original AH We The People by Mark Herman for our first game.  I was the rebels.  We both thought the Redcoats were cruising to a strong victory, until the war ended and we added up the provinces - suddenly the rebels had pulled out a victory.  It was a great fast playing game to get us back in the habit.

The next week we played the AH Napoleon black game in the gray box.  This time I was the French aggressor.  I drove up the left flank, and running out of time brought a combined Brit/Prussian force to battle.  Both of us wee able to add reinforcements for about three turns and it became a great grinding away of forces.  The center was a large artiellery duel, with an infantry slugfest on my left flank and cavalry skirmish on the right flank.  Eventually the Brit's killed enough french for victory (I had taken a few losses in a diversionary attack gone bad earlier in the game...)  Another fast playing game!!  

We think up next is GMT Reds - then maybe some ASL!!

Played: AH's "Civilization" with 5 players. Never played this game before. A great game, will have to play it again.

My latest game was a GHQ: Modern miniatures game, some middle east action.

I'm trying to get some friends to play the game as regularly as possible, so far  they like the game. 

Played: Flying Pigs game "'65". A tac game on Vietnam but with cards. It is OK as a game but had trouble drawing the "right" cards as in Poker. The system did not "grab me".

"Summit" by Hasbro. A cold war game capable of playing up to 6 players. It is fairly quick and lots of fun, surprisingly.

Played: "An Infamous Traffic" by Hollandspiele. A game on the opium smuggling by the Brits and others into Manchu China. It is a economic game for up to 5 players who try to get rich. Unusual system that is not always clear. Had 5 players and half were not to "into" this system, me included. Some did like it.

"Battle for Germany" by SPI. A classic game and lots of fun. We played the 3 player version. A close game where the Soviets won but only by 2 points and the German player almost held Berlin for a win.

Played: "Vietnam 1965-1975" by Victory Games. Played the Tet Scenario. Took a long time but commies won. Interesting system but too much depth.

Played: "Flying Colors" by GMT. Always fun to play. GBOH "Battles of the Warrior Queen" a mod to "Conquest of Gaul" by GMT. Great new addition to GBOH.

At Monstercon: "War Galley" by GMT and some more "Warrior Queen" by GMT.

"Nemesis: Burma 1944" by Legion War Games, "Chariots of Rome" by VPG. All good games.

Bought at Monstercon: "Konigsberg" by Revolution Games, "Demyansk Shield" by Legion War Games, and "Knight's Cross of Iron" by Masahiro Yamazaki. Another Great time at Monstercon.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Profile IconRon Fisher and Chelsea Rose Wendt joined ConsimWorld
yesterday
CC Snyder posted a blog post

878 Vikings Strategy Guide Pt. 2: Playing the English

Academy Games Creative Director Gunter Eickert has put together the second part of his strategy…See More
Thursday
Dave Smith posted a photo

C&C:N

One of the games I'll be running at this year's Pacificon
Thursday
Dave Smith posted a blog post

"Borg Fest" 2018 at Pacificon

I'll be among the dozen or so gamers running Command and Colors games at this year's Pacificon in…See More
Thursday
PittHistoryGuy left a comment for PittHistoryGuy
"Thanks, Eric! Will do."
Thursday
Stephen Weiss left a comment for Eric Walters
"Thanks Eric! Yeah, can't wait for Stalingrad '42 and the next game in the Next War…"
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for PittHistoryGuy
"Welcome to the website!  You seem to be a Renaissance Man/Wargamer with a diverse set of…"
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for Stephen Weiss
"Stephen, welcome to the website!  You've got some eclectic tastes in games and they are…"
Wednesday

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service