Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 7927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Recently got back to a weekly (more or less) game night at my house having gotten my game room partially put back together after 'an incident'  :-)

We played the original AH We The People by Mark Herman for our first game.  I was the rebels.  We both thought the Redcoats were cruising to a strong victory, until the war ended and we added up the provinces - suddenly the rebels had pulled out a victory.  It was a great fast playing game to get us back in the habit.

The next week we played the AH Napoleon black game in the gray box.  This time I was the French aggressor.  I drove up the left flank, and running out of time brought a combined Brit/Prussian force to battle.  Both of us wee able to add reinforcements for about three turns and it became a great grinding away of forces.  The center was a large artiellery duel, with an infantry slugfest on my left flank and cavalry skirmish on the right flank.  Eventually the Brit's killed enough french for victory (I had taken a few losses in a diversionary attack gone bad earlier in the game...)  Another fast playing game!!  

We think up next is GMT Reds - then maybe some ASL!!

Played: AH's "Civilization" with 5 players. Never played this game before. A great game, will have to play it again.

My latest game was a GHQ: Modern miniatures game, some middle east action.

I'm trying to get some friends to play the game as regularly as possible, so far  they like the game. 

Played: Flying Pigs game "'65". A tac game on Vietnam but with cards. It is OK as a game but had trouble drawing the "right" cards as in Poker. The system did not "grab me".

"Summit" by Hasbro. A cold war game capable of playing up to 6 players. It is fairly quick and lots of fun, surprisingly.

Played: "An Infamous Traffic" by Hollandspiele. A game on the opium smuggling by the Brits and others into Manchu China. It is a economic game for up to 5 players who try to get rich. Unusual system that is not always clear. Had 5 players and half were not to "into" this system, me included. Some did like it.

"Battle for Germany" by SPI. A classic game and lots of fun. We played the 3 player version. A close game where the Soviets won but only by 2 points and the German player almost held Berlin for a win.

Played: "Vietnam 1965-1975" by Victory Games. Played the Tet Scenario. Took a long time but commies won. Interesting system but too much depth.

Played: "Flying Colors" by GMT. Always fun to play. GBOH "Battles of the Warrior Queen" a mod to "Conquest of Gaul" by GMT. Great new addition to GBOH.

At Monstercon: "War Galley" by GMT and some more "Warrior Queen" by GMT.

"Nemesis: Burma 1944" by Legion War Games, "Chariots of Rome" by VPG. All good games.

Bought at Monstercon: "Konigsberg" by Revolution Games, "Demyansk Shield" by Legion War Games, and "Knight's Cross of Iron" by Masahiro Yamazaki. Another Great time at Monstercon.

Played: AH "Civilization" with gaming group. A great game.

MMP's " Karelia 44". a SCS game on Soviet drive to knock Finland out of the war. OK.

Revolution Games "Konigsberg" . East Prussia Jan 1945. Very Good.

Playing Stonewall Jackson's Way with my biweekly FTF buddy and trying to figure out Fifth Corps (old SPI) playing solo.

Played: "Venetia" by Passport Game Studios. A Euro game on the rise and fall of Venice. As a Euro game the history is lacking but not bad as a game.

"Wellington" by GMT games. A CDG on Wellington's Spanish campaigns against the French. Very Good.

Played: "Serenissima" by Ystari Games. A good multi-player game for a group.

"Historia" by Giochix.it+4 more.  OK.

Playing: "Blood and Roses" from Men of Iron series by GMT games. 2 Scenarios left. Great Game.

"First Crusade" in S&T 299. A solitaire game on same. Fun Game.

I was playing Totaler Krieg until a sudden flood hit Europe. I may have had something to do with that when I knocked my cup over! :o

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Wayne Rotella joined Matt Severns's group
Thumbnail

MARKETPLACE -

Buyin', Sellin' and good ol' fashioned horse tradin.......Can't find what you need? Go to the CSW…See More
yesterday
Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played: "Wide Blue Yonder" by GMT Games. A campaign game where the Ami's lost. This…"
yesterday
Armand R. Cingolani III is now a member of ConsimWorld
Wednesday
Oliver S. Linßen joined Matt Severns's group
Thumbnail

MARKETPLACE -

Buyin', Sellin' and good ol' fashioned horse tradin.......Can't find what you need? Go to the CSW…See More
Tuesday
Mark DAgosta commented on Gilbert Collins's blog post Hex grid as a file
"Gilbert, I'm not on CSW very often, so please contact me at mark @ grognard.com if you still…"
Dec 10
Mark DAgosta commented on Gilbert Collins's blog post Hex grid as a file
"Gilbert, have you gotten the file you were looking for yet?"
Dec 10
Markm1767 commented on Markm1767's photo
Thumbnail

nap1

"It is like Napoleon at Waterloo and was fast easy and enjoyable.  After seeing that old 1970…"
Dec 9
Markm1767 commented on Markm1767's photo
Thumbnail

bob2

"Played 2 games of Battle of the Bulge by Dark City Game. First game was a fight in the woods with…"
Dec 9

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service