Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 8568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think that simulates the chaos of war pretty well! Does it work in the game?
Yes.This can be a real back and forth game by the middle of it.The Russians are tough to stop at 1st.You really have to position those HQ's carefully!
Thanks for the insight!
I have found some local ASL gamers in my area and have already managed to lose a couple of battles! LOL
I also picked up Downtown: The Air War Over Hanoi, 1965-1972. I know nothing about the air war over vietnam, but for some reason I couldn't resist buying a copy after reading game reviews, player comments, and the game rating at BGG. I downloaded the solo rules, because I do not expect to find any local players, and I hope to try it out some air raids this winter.
Packy, Have you tried VASL yet? It's a great way to play ASL online! I'm currently playing AP22 from AP 3 A Few Returned. It's a blast if you like the Italians! Good luck with your local gamers! ASL rocks!
I downloaded the VASL for future use. I'm burned out on computer gaming at the moment (except for my PC racing sims! :) and I have been fortunate to find many local players for FtF combat.
Yeah, ASL is quite fun! I've heard of the Action Packs (are these the packs of ASL scenarios?)...I'll have to take a closer look at these items.
The beauty of VASL is that it doesn't really feel like computer gaming (I too dislike PC gaming). Really it's just a vertical representation of the tabletop but without the need to worry about finger reconnaissance!
That is good to know. I'm burned out on computer gaming at this time, but I will grab the VASSAL version for Downtown.
I'm playing AVL on vassal now.
I just played my first Flames of War game Monday night. It was pretty much what I expected. The rules are pretty simple, the complicated part is researching and building your army(ies) of choice.

It was definitely fun, but I'm not sure I have the patience for the modeling part.
Flames of War...sounds like my ex...bada bing !!
We are in the middle of our first Storm over Arnhem game which will be finished next weekend. Interesting system, mounted map (the good ol' AH times..) , great theme. I start to really like it :-)

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Timothy J. Smith commented on Eric Walters's group Marine Maneuver Warfare Wargamers
"A Darren Kilfara also wrote a book, Do You Want Total War? about a kid who played Totaler Krieg as…"
1 hour ago
Otto Harkaman commented on brian s. b.'s group zun tzu
"Deleted an earlier comment, wanted to rephrase it. Reading earlier posts I am just amazed how you…"
2 hours ago
Otto Harkaman commented on Chuck S.'s group All things SPI
"Thanks Christian, yes I will probably post here, I gave up on FB years ago."
4 hours ago
Christian A. Strasser commented on Chuck S.'s group All things SPI
"Definitely alert them on FB, but post here as well, since it'll be easier to find :) "
11 hours ago
"Awesome Steven!"
11 hours ago
Steven Rugge commented on brian s. b.'s group zun tzu
"Thanks for doing this Otto.  A friend of mine has been asking for just such a document so he…"
12 hours ago
"Got a rough version of my ZunTzu notes together. Often I had just copied and pasted questions to…"
12 hours ago
Ian Schofield posted a photo
13 hours ago

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service