Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 8188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lately, I picked up the following tomes from Page One, MPH, Time Machine Studio, Fat Boy's and Borders:

'Anatomy of a City' by Kate Ascher
'The Bottomless Well: The Twilight of Fuel, the Virtue of Waste, and why we will never run out of Energy' by Peter W. Huber and Mark P. Mills
'Beneath the Metropolis: The Secret Lives of Cities' by Alex Marshall
'Weapons & Fighting Techniques of the Medieval Warrior: 1000-1500 A. D' by Martin J. Dougherty
'Pocket Battleship: Admiral Graf Spee' by Siegfried Breyer
'The German Battleship: Scharnhorst' by Siegfried Breyer
'German Rocket Launchers in WWII' by Joachim Engelmann
'The Yellow-lighted Bookshop' by Lewis Buzbee
'Mere Anarchy' by Woody Allen
'Iraq Insurgency: US Army Armoured Vehicles in Action (Part 2)' by Carl Schulze
'LAV & Piranha: The Extended Family' by Gordon Arthur & Steve Hearn
'German Sturmartillerie at War: Volume 1' by Frank V. De Sisto
'German Artillery at War 1939-45 Volume 1' by Frank V. De Sisto
'German Artillery at War 1939-45 Volume 2' by Frank V. De Sisto
'Panzerkampfwagen III and IV 1939-45' by Tom Cockle
'The Italian Army at War: Europe 1940-43' by Philip Jowett & Dmitriy Zgonnik
'Special Ops: Journal of the elite forces & SWAT units Volume 42'
'Barbarossa' by Robert Kirchubel & Bujeiro
'The Ascent of Money: A financial history of the World' by Niall Ferguson
'The War of the World: Twentieth Century Conflict and the Descent of the West' by Niall Ferguson
'Revolt in 2100 / Methuselah's Children' by Robert A. Heinlein
'Warhammer 40,000: Ice Guard' by Steve Lyons
'Warhammer Fantasy: Malekith' by Gav Thorpe
'Warhammer Fantasy: A Massacre in Marienburg' by David Bishop
'Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicum' by Graham McNeill
'Fairchild-Republic A/OA-10 Warthog - WarbirdTech Volume 20' by Dennis R Jenkins.

I have finished the Schiffer pictorials on the German warships. I have also finished the Concord pictorial of the LAV and Piranha family, the one about the A-10 and the one about the underground of the metropolis. I am presently reading the book on bookshops, one about German rocket launchers of the Second World War
and one of the infrastructure of New York City. Whee!
Revolt in 2100 / Methuselah's Children' by Robert A. Heinlein

Two of my favorites! Revolt in 2100 is especially good, vintage Heinlein.
Watching Rome....Katie seems sort of fascinated by the Roman era which I have tried before to intrigue her with as it has sex, violence and fightin'....
Yikes. Posted to the wrong thread. Playing rather than reading.
Just finished a solo game of the Heraclea scenario from Ancient Battles Deluxe.

Now I've got another solo game set up: Paul Koenig's D-Day: The Canadian Beach.

--Patrick
Played some Flames of War miniatures last night with a local club my buddy belongs too. With my investment in board games I've not joined in the miniature ownership myself, but love to play with the guys. I had a panzer grenadier mid-war force, and my opponent had an all tank US force. I'm very new to the game system, so it was a learning experience for sure - and a lot of fun.

We continue to play a lot of ASL as we get playtesting done for the March Madness ASL and ASLSK convention in KC, plus continue to playtest the Korea Module for ASL.
Currently have GDW Case White setup and ready to play. I will start it when I finish my ongoing game of South Mountain with the new LoB rules
Actually got the chance to play the L2 version of "The Russian Campaign" on Saturday. It was only a few quick turns to see if I remembered how to play.

No.

Actually, I did. While I was clearly rusty from inactivity, it was nice to remember how the game worked. Many thanks to John Buck and Men At Arms in Commack, NY for thechance to remember what it was to PLAY wargames....
That is one of my favorite monster games, and I'm sure it was the first one for which I paid over a hundred dollars. But damn if it wasn't worth it.
Russ:

I need to set up my new one and Russia Beseiged as well!

Smitty
I pulled out Ignorant Armies the other night and I'm on my second game now. Iran won the first one but the second game is looking much better for Iraq. This is a good game.
Learning GBACW Wilson's Creek. All made extremely possible by Russ Gifford's very excellent slide show presentation of how this game works. Many thanks Russ to an excellent slide show!

As soon as I can budget it I am getting your CD.

I have a fervor for this system inspired by a friend of mine and your slides...

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

John Edwards is now a member of ConsimWorld
11 hours ago
Bob DeSilva commented on Eric Walters's group All That is Avalon Hill
"Anyone know where I can get a counter list for Tobruk?"
yesterday
Bob DeSilva joined Eric Walters's group
Thumbnail

All That is Avalon Hill

Recalling everything that was the old Avalon Hill Game Company and playing the new stuff since…See More
yesterday
Mark Traylor left a comment for Steve
"Steve:  Welcome to the area.  No ftf groups that I know of.  I generally have only…"
Sunday
Mark Traylor and Steve are now friends
Sunday
Eric Walters posted a photo

CATACLYSM -- early 1941-1942 Turn

In commemoration of the anniversary of both Operation BARBAROSSA and Operation BAGRATION on…
Sunday
zatoichi is now a member of ConsimWorld
Sunday
Steve joined Steve Dixon's group
Thumbnail

Operation Nordwind, Dec. 31, 1944 to January 18, 1945

Currently looking for play testers for this card driven game. It's meant to introduce new players…See More
Sunday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service