Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 8243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been playing Wings of War and I'm looking forward to adding some miniatures to the mix. Also just finished my first game of Combat Commander: Europe. Great game!!
Played "Sentium"(2nd time) from SPQR Barbarian module and from Chandragupta, the scenario "Takshashila". both are fun. Lots of elephants in Takshashila.
Have a great game of Russian Front going on vassal and started a game of Great War in Europe on vassal also.
Wings of War about two weeks ago. Got in 9 games with a friend of mine, using minis.
battle for Germany, Cobra, Monty's gamble
Currently playing through the four games of "The Battles with the Gringos", which I just received last week, I have already played Contreras, an excellent, fun game -the historical game IS a US Blow-Out; the Mexicans have no chance . The governing rule is that all "Disorder" results (but NOT 'Roll for Disorder') and "Retreat" results are are turned in "rout" results ! -so it is matter of how quickly you can drive the Mexican Army of the North over thier "Panic Level"....called "Withdrawl Points" = each SP lost is 2 points, Mexicans dissolved if they go over 60 points.

But, you can play Contreras as a normal game, using Fatigue and extra Mexican troops (that historically, left the field hours before the US Assault) and it becomes an excellent game.

I am now playing the Puebla" game -the French Expeditionary Forces trying to take the City of Puebla from the Republic of Mexico/Benitpo Juarez' Regular Army, and militia. It was Historically a Mexican Victory -the Cinco de Mayo holiday is because of this victory- but the French troops are very nice. Not too numerous, but almost as good as US troops. The map and counters look great, both sides are manageable and not too many 'Special Rules' to handle.
ASL. ASL. ASL

Last night played at Joe's, I won, but rolled 9-13 boxcars, must have been a record for me.

Love ASL
Hey, Don - how about some ATS? <snicker>
ha, ha, ha, ha...

Oh no I may get banned for saying the ASL words...

ASL Rules!
Kutuzov by GMT.

Check out my review of it's 'Operational Friction' mechanics;

Operational Friction

and Gittes superb review here;

A Deeply Involved CDG
I finally got around to playing WaW #1 Barbarossa. Fun game.
I playing a solo game of Bitter Woods (AH) and gearing up for a four player game of Conan this Saturday. Also, I am reading the rules for PanzerBlitz II for a game later this month at the North Texas Wargamers Games Day. (I am also playing Monoploy: Littlest Pet Shop edition with my seven year old daughter).

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Scott Martin left a comment for Eric Walters
"I have been recently replenishing my collection of AH and SPI games.  AK or Stalingrad (or The…"
Thursday
"Well it was current about 15 years ago, give or take... I've been in the SF Bay Area for the…"
Thursday
Eric Walters commented on Eric Walters's group Marine Maneuver Warfare Wargamers
"New game out on small unit infantry combat in the Central Highlands of Vietnam--yes, it's all…"
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for Scott Martin
"Sometime I should get into VASSAL--I just never have time for it these days with school,…"
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for Scott Martin
"The current T-shirt looks terrific!  I like the "roll well and live" design on it!"
Wednesday
Chuang Shyue Chou replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"I have just started on the two volumes on French tanks by Steven Zaloga. This was sparked by…"
Wednesday
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Black Mountain: An Isaiah Coleridge Novel" by Laird Barron. Isaiah is a ex-hitman…"
Monday
"We should set up a Vassal game sometime of a SPI or AH game."
Monday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service