Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 9046

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Something ahistorical would be losing as Russia... I think I can do that! Unfortunately, playtesting on another game required that table space, so we scrapped the game for now and will try again later.
what are you playtesting?
A new game Chad and I are designing together. It handles up to six players, so we needed the bigger table. More details later when the "boss" says its time to go public. (To be honest, I didn't think anyone read my posts, so I figured I could slip that one by...)
Sounds like fun! I'll wait for the details! :-)
Playing Hexasim's Marne 1918 and getting whooped as the French. I've held back the Germans to about historical results so far, but I think my casualties have been a lot worse.
Played Blackbeard and CC:Med last night! It was fun but I got my butt beat in CC:Med! We played Tussle at Maleme! I couldn't get fire cards when I needed! Great fun anyway!
I played Jena 20 and Albion 20 from Victory Point games. Both of these are interesting titles. I lost Jena 20 twice as the French! The first time I tried to take out an isolated corp on the first turn then got stomped in retaliation. The second time I was unable to find any isolated corp to kill off and the Prussians just kept getting stronger and stronger. It's a tough game for the French, and of course I'm no Napoleon!
Albion 20 was a fast fun game. I managed a draw as the British so i was pretty happy. I traded time for space and managed to kill off a couple of units. I would play this one again.
I played Red Dragon Rising on Saturday. I lost to one of my regular opponents, Kim Beatty. He managed to take both Taiwan, relatively early. I took my eye off the ball and he got the Spratley's with a well planned amphibious assault that I wasn't able to stop. We are looking to play this again next Saturday.
Iron Tide : Panzers in the Ardennes.

Barren Victory

And currently learning SPQR.
Played a couple of games of Triumph of Chaos; Very fiddly, but *wow* what a game if you can stomach the steep learning curve! Other CDGs are a little simple for my taste but this one is near perfect.

Soloed the first scenario of Here Come the Rebels ("South Mountain") from the old GCACW series . I was surprised at just how fast and fun the system is; I was expecting some complexity but as it turns out learning the rules took only a couple of hours. Can't wait to get right into this system.
GCACW is a fun series! I got GTC recently and it looks a lot of fun! Hope you enjoy it!
Yeah I think GCACW will see a resurgence in popularity. The system is just too fluid and fun to be ignored, better than many of the newer hex and counter games around today.

The question is, when will we see a reprint?
Ed Beach is working on a new module called Battle above the Clouds! It's about the battle, I think in Tennessee, where they climbed way up a mountain to fight! I can't remember who won! It's being playtested now I believe!

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

John Kranz commented on John Kranz's blog post Moving to New Platform
"Most likely around end of month. Depends on how fast I can get the basic configuration work…"
4 hours ago
Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Not played it solitaire in a while but remember just OK."
6 hours ago
Christian A. Strasser replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"I've been meaning to play a VitW game for some time, now.  How good is it solitaire?"
14 hours ago
Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played:" Gotterdammerung: Fall of Berlin" by Moments In History. 2nd Edition. Played…"
yesterday
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "The Accidental President: Harry S. Truman and the Four Months that Changed the…"
Tuesday
John Kranz posted a blog post

Moving to New Platform

I wanted to alert everyone that we are moving to a new social platform in the coming days/weeks.…See More
Monday
Phil Buczkowski joined Brian Blad's group
Thumbnail

Great Battles of the American Civil War

This is the place to discuss GMT/Richard Berg's GBACW series of games
Nov 28
Phil Buczkowski joined Ed Beach's group
Thumbnail

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

Fans of the GCACW series. Titles include: Stonewall Jackson's Way, Here Come The Rebels, Roads to…See More
Nov 28

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service