Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 7793

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't set up a board wargame in months, I've been playing WinSPWW2 for my consim fix.

I'm so ashamed....
Okay, Nick, to the back of the line you go! Well, actually, so long as you are actively buying games and still dreaming about finding the time to play with them, I think you are in good company!
Currently I'm reading rules for Empire of the Sun in hopes of playing it soon. I've a game of Deluxe Bitter Woods coming up soon. And I've got The Killing Ground & Overlord here next to me with the intent to clear a table and try at least to push a couple counters solo if necessary to get a few hours of that in. It's a very attractive package to poke at but I would like to have it on a table to play.

Otherwise, I'm dull and boring lately. Yep.
Playing EotS with Tony Adams, Rise of the Roman Republic with my oldest son, and next up for my 9 year-old is PanzerBlitz. Also learned how to play ASLSK #1 last week ... started feeling a little twitchy since then, and I have this sudden urge to buy tackle boxes.
Must resist Fist of Death...
Members of the Tidewater Area Naval Games are going to begin learning the FIGHTING WINGS series, designed by J.D. Webster and published by Clash of Arms Games. We've often played AIR FORCE/DAUNTLESS but have hungered for something more in a multi-player air game and we think this will be it. 8 March we're going to use the Quick Start rules and Training Scenario 3 out of the ACHTUNG--SPITFIRE! rulebook to get started.

This club often plays tactical naval games from all periods--CLOSE ACTION being the favorite, followed by IRONCLADS, IRONBOTTOM SOUND II/ROYAL NAVY/DESTROYER CAPTAIN, and TRIREME. Haven't yet gotten into WAR GALLEY, GREAT WAR AT SEA/SECOND WORLD WAR AT SEA, Admiralty Trilogy miniatures, or DOWNTOWN (yet.)
Over the last 8-9 years I have been playing World in Flames. Our group members have changed over the years but there are still 3 original members(myself included)who are looking for 1-2(2 would be excellent) players in the Alexandria, Va area.
I'm not familiar with Marvel Heroes...I'll have to google it and see what it's all about.
I am currently playtesting Caucasus with Mark Simonitch. Of course Mark is using me as tidbits for his pet panzer.
Lots of Advanced Squad Leader as we finish up our free scenario pack we give out to all attendees at March Madness ASL tourny in Kansas City.

I have been tracking the EOTs game online.

Squezzed in some LnL World at War two weeks ago when we were short on time.
Mitchell, I enjoyed the LnL WaW. I found it to be pretty much as advertised. the numbes are on the counters to help you resolve combat movement etc without checking CRT's. Not very many rules, so you can set up and get playing right away.

There are a small number of modifiers that come into play in some scenarios and we think the icing on the cake would be a small list of these modifiers fo rhandy reference.

It's quick to set up and play, so we like it for when we only have a short time to play something. You know, that time after you finished a big game and then actually have some open time.

I have to get the new scen pack and am anxiously awaiting the Day of Heroes (Mogasihu) game - which i think is a new sytem.
Race for the Galaxy (nice, harmless Euro card game) and Brass (Martin Wallace's latest).

Looking forward to Combat Commander, and a session of War of the Ring.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Dave Hall posted photos
12 hours ago
Eric Walters and Mike Palmer are now friends
14 hours ago
Dave Hall updated their profile
16 hours ago
Jonathan F posted a status
"Eric, thanks. i got super busy right as i joined and had to put on hold the plunge. now it's on!"
17 hours ago
Dave Hall joined Jon Compton's group
Thumbnail

Gaming Modern and Hypothetical Conflict

Games that deal with modern or hypothetical conflict have become rare. The challenges that would-be…See More
17 hours ago
Jason Weiser commented on Jay Czarnecki's group Baltimore-DC-Northern Virginia Area Gamers
"Am long time wargamer in the Fairfax area. Have a few GMT, Gamers, GDW, and AH titles I would love…"
18 hours ago
Eloy Muñoz Galvez and Sebastián Alarcón Diaz are now friends
yesterday
Mike Palmer posted a discussion

Bataan by Cmpass Games

I've set up the first learning scenario for Bataan, Pearly Gates, and although everything…See More
yesterday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service