Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 9032

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I attended our local wargaming club meeting this Saturday. We had several games going on including two rounds of Red Dragon Rising (S&T). Great game. I learned to play Command and Colors: Ancients. I am not normally much for the "Block" games but I do look forward to playing this again.
I brought World at War Eisenbach Gap and some of the other fellows played a scenario.
Also played were Snapshot (2 games) and I saw Imperium on a table but I am not sure if it was played. Alltogether evryone seemed to have a good time.
Played Hold the Line by Worthington Games. Fun little game! I played the Bemis Heights scenario and the US won!
I went to 'RECRUITS' a local con held at Lee's Summit High School in Kansas City area. Started a few years back as a history teacher and a few students playing on a Saturday once. Now it fills the whole gymnasium. This is a lot of kids playing, not just a bunch of old dudes.

I played Flames of War miniatures demo game and had fun.
Tom:

You need to get a hold of Israeli Independence by Victory Point Games.

Smitty
I am playing my 3rd solo Kutosov and I think it is ready for the guys. It seem to work well.

Still into EotS, POG, 30 years war, His, Nappy, Shift. Sands... ect
Cracked the shrink off "Storm Over Stalingrad" and played halfway through after dinner tonight. Not only am I looking foward to finishing this game (I think I can hold out to the end) but I am also looking at how I want to run things from the other side for the next game.
How does SOS play? Is it smooth?
It is very light on the rules (about 5 pages worth, once you discount the large examples, TOC, etc.), so there was little to get wrong with this system. I haven't noticed anything at this point, from a rules standpoint, that stands out as problematic.

The gameplay is smooth. We were able to just jump right in, get rolling and after the first two impulses of the first turn we both felt like we were past the rules and into the game itself. (Does that make sense?)

My only stumbling block was learning how to handle my combat casualty results - i.e., when to flip vs retreat vs eliminate. Chad and I talked through all the possibilities and I think I have a better handle on that now. It's one of those situations where there is no wrong answer, but some answers are more right than others.

Overall, I can see this game hitting the table for repeated play in our house.
My only stumbling block was learning how to handle my combat casualty results - i.e., when to flip vs retreat vs eliminate. Chad and I talked through all the possibilities and I think I have a better handle on that now. It's one of those situations where there is no wrong answer, but some answers are more right than others.

Overall, I can see this game hitting the table for repeated play in our house.

It sounds like a fun light wargame! I have the same problem with casualty results when I play Breakout Normandy. It takes alot of playing to get used to that! Keep at it and it will get easier! Say hi to your game partner!
I just did some playtesting of The First Battle of the Marne, for TPS, with Lisa Scheer. Right now I'm writing an article on Athens & Sparta from Columbia games (thanks for the loan, Smitty!).
Jim:

You are welcome. I finally found the time to get Israeli Independence done - and it was even a game I bought!

Now of course, I'm waiting for my anniversary present from Katie to arrive....
Currently playing EoTS in a big CSW Team match, Solomon's Campaign (DG), 1960, and looking to break out King David.

Mark

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played:" Gotterdammerung: Fall of Berlin" by Moments In History. 2nd Edition. Played…"
3 hours ago
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "The Accidental President: Harry S. Truman and the Four Months that Changed the…"
Tuesday
John Kranz posted a blog post

Moving to New Platform

I wanted to alert everyone that we are moving to a new social platform in the coming days/weeks.…See More
Monday
Phil Buczkowski joined Brian Blad's group
Thumbnail

Great Battles of the American Civil War

This is the place to discuss GMT/Richard Berg's GBACW series of games
Sunday
Phil Buczkowski joined Ed Beach's group
Thumbnail

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

Fans of the GCACW series. Titles include: Stonewall Jackson's Way, Here Come The Rebels, Roads to…See More
Sunday
Phil Buczkowski joined Hans van Der Drift's group
Thumbnail

The Pax System by RHB

One of my favorite games is Pax RomanaI thought this would be good place to find like minded…See More
Sunday
Phil Buczkowski joined Charlescab's group
Thumbnail

command and colors ancients CCA

For fans of Command and Colors Ancients
Sunday
Phil Buczkowski joined Jan Wiescher's group
Thumbnail

World in Flames

A place for fans of this fantastic ADG game.
Sunday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service