Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 7694

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its Saturday morning, 1st of March, and I am about to go teach some kids how to play Tide of Iron. Also have a terrain board set up (Hedgerows, buildings, trees) for Flames of War. Will be playing some of that tonight.
You :::self censored::: ! Get the VASSAL module for CC:E and start playing ME! :-P
Now Ron,
Was that meant for me?
Anyway, the only kid that showed up today got sucked into the six player game of Twilight Imperium at one end of the conference room - I ended up teaching four adults to play Tide of Iron.
Well, of course it was aimed at you! Do you see any other :::self censored::: person around? :-P

If I'm lucky, I'll get ot play John Bernardo in some CC:E soon. But the danged townhome needs attention so we can sell it first!
Woo Hoo! Mark sent the next game turns for Caucasus. We are playing swap games.
With my friend Fred Sapp, we are playing Empire of the Sun via vassal.
Finally completed the setup of GMT's Rise of the Roman Republic. Needed rules clarifications to just get the counters on the map. I hope this is not indicative of the total experience ... likely it's just me. Looks like a very interesting game. Hopefully we'll commence the pushing cardboard this evening.
Currently a PBEM game of Here I Stand with a bunch of sharks (Ed and Matt Beach, Bryan Collars, Justin Rice, and Mark Greenwood). They are teaching me the ins and outs of ACTS and Cyberboard while demonstrating interesting new ways to crush the Papacy ;-) Karsten and I tried out Z-man's Pandemic today. t wasn't bad, for a cooperative game. I'm afraid it won't make my list of favorite games, though.
Was it just you and Karsten for Pandemic? I've played a three and a four player game, and both were nail biters, one loss and one win, so we liked it. I do see a shortage of local folks to play that one though, so even though I like it, I probably wont get much chance to play it.
We've played it 4 times--twice 2-player and twice 4-player. We lost every time, but afterwards, we discovered we were playing a rule wrong that would have helped us win. Karsten played it afterwards--4-player solitaire--and managed to just beat the system. I find it interesting, but I'm a tad too competitive to really enjoy cooperative games. I'm working on designing something related but competitive and a bit more complex that meets my need to kill things :)
Playing HIS just enough to count the number of games on one hand. In PBeM Shifting Sands, cutting my teeth to learn the system. Finally itching to set up the recently arrived Manoeuvre from GMT with my 9 year old.
Despite having already played this, on Friday the GMT FAB Bulge title showed up at my door. This is now on my table to push around the wood just for the heck of it. Mostly it's because I already have an idea how to play and the new dog (1 year old German Shepherd who is driving me to distraction) is keeping me busy with ... er, shall we say training issues. She's glommed onto me as the Alpha Male of the Pack and won't let me out of her sight without going nuts, so every thing I do, such as setting up a game, tends to be victim to the distraction and attention deficit function of constant attention requests.

However, though it's a neat little idea, it remains a block game with dicing for hit points, something I can enjoy but not deeply so it won't rise much above say a 6 on the 1-10 scale of interest for me... even if it is a Bulge title.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2018
"Camperdown 1797 (Flying Colors): The Dutch break for shallow water, British pursue."
22 hours ago
Oliver S. Linßen is now a member of ConsimWorld
22 hours ago
Thomas Margraf joined Scott de Brestian's group
Thumbnail

Michigan Wargamers

A place for gamers around the state to meet and converse.See More
yesterday
Tony Rogers is now a member of ConsimWorld
Wednesday
Louis Robert Coatney commented on Peter Perla's blog post Looking for Chicago wargamer to help with Fletcher Pratt material
"Peter, I knew Dan.  He got me started in (metal) 1:1200s.  6 Italian destroyers and 2…"
Wednesday
Mike Nagel and Christian A. Strasser are now friends
Wednesday
Christian A. Strasser left a comment for Mike Nagel
"I went to your Relative Range site.  It's very interesting.  Of great interest to me…"
Wednesday
Christian A. Strasser left a comment for John Panagotopulos
"Are you still in Moorestown?"
Wednesday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service