Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 8822

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

4 battles from GMT's "Nothing Gained but Glory". Played the Swedes only. Won 2, tied one, lost one. Great System.

SPI's "Napoleon at War", Battle of Wagram. Lost as Napoleon. Have not played these in decades. Great fun.

"Dune". First time. Lost but it was a better game than I thought.

Played all 4 battles of the "Truceless War" from C3I for SPQR. Played the Mercs. Won one battle only. GBOH is the best ever system for me.

Sounds like some great gaming.

Yes, next up Command and Colors-Ancients(GMT). A friend just received his "Spartans" and wants a try.

I just finished up soloing Pacific Battles: Guadalcanal from World at War Magazine. I have The Sun Never Sets on my table right now. Scenario: March to Peking 1860. 

Finished March to Peking and Zulu 1879. Both replay articles are posted in my CSW Forum Blog. I am playing the three Sudan scenarios, from The Sun Never Sets,  next.

What are your impressions of Pacific Battles: Guadalcanal?  I'm interested in this game too. 

I liked the game. It is typical Joe Miranda fare. He tries to model supply and logistics.

It is the first Guadalcanal game that I think I have played at this scale. Henderson Field is only one hex on the map. The whole island is depicted, so the fighting does not necessarily have to focus on one specific location.

It is operational, and there is an air mission subgame attached where players have to assign units to air superiority, inderdiction, bombardment, etc. Both sides collect VP for geography and enemy losses.

I am certain that there will be debate as there always is with Decision Games stuff.

Thanks for your inputs.  Much appreciated. 

I am currently playing: The Great War in Europe Deluxe (GMT). I have played the GWiE when it came out in Command 33. (I have both of the original Command games). It took a lot of time to straighten out the counter errata and updates, but I have done this. I am trying to figure out where to begin. Looks like fun.

I tried this one as I liked the period and the game components are really well-researched and  attractive.  When I played it however I was shocked at how quickly units disappeared.  To have a complete absence of British forces on the field in September is a lot different from having rag-tag remnants as you get in Der Weltkrieg which for me is a much better sim albeit drastically more tedious to play.

maybe I'll give it another shot one day as I liked some of the variable events.

Great game. I played an epic 8 1/2 month long PBEM Campaign with Wendell a year ago. We had a very good time.

Played: Five battles from GMT's C&C Spartans. Won 2, lost 3. Good for quickie play but won't replace GBOH.

"Eclipse" by Lautapelit. A Sci-Fi game on conquest and colonization of the Galaxy. Very Good. Has a better system for record keeping than GMT's Space Empires. Came out last but was lots of fun.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Hans Feldmann joined Eric Walters's group
Thumbnail

All That is Avalon Hill

Recalling everything that was the old Avalon Hill Game Company and playing the new stuff since…See More
5 hours ago
Hans Feldmann joined Kim Meints's group
Thumbnail

All Things GMT

We have groups for different GMT titles.So why not a group to discuss everything about the…See More
5 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for Magnus Nordlof
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Magnus!  I too am a fan of Standard Combat Series,…"
5 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for Duane C Foglesong
"Duane, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website!  Sounds like you are playing some really…"
5 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for Andrew Fischer
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Andrew!  Hope you are finding some OCS and maybe…"
5 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for John Graham
"John, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website!  You mention some much loved games in your…"
5 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for Rick Goudeau
"Rick, since you updated your profile, as the co-administrator of the website I just had to say…"
5 hours ago
Hans Feldmann joined Andy Loakes's group
Thumbnail

Limey Yank Games

Do you visit Limey Yank Games for Cyberboard gameboxes, counter scans, etc.? If so please feel free…See More
6 hours ago

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service