Let us know what game you are currently playing!

Views: 8988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Introduced my son (age 8) and daughter (age 6) to the simple game of Wilderness Survival (old AH title). Played with my Father, son, and daughter this morning. It is pretty simplistic game, but everyone loved (especially the kids). I think this was a good intro for them. My Dad got off the board first with the first scenario (lost). Later, my Dad and I played two games of Stalingrad (AH, '63). I was the Russians both times and we held the Germans back both times (no surprise there). It takes a lot of luck and plenty of nerve to break the Russians in that game. Happy gaming everyone.

My friend isn't a wargamer gamer gamer. He likes playing games. His game of Battle Cry got a real good run last night &the weekend before.

Battle Cry...Isn't the kinda game I used to call a 'wargame' but of course it means something different to all...for me it's fun. I never felt it could be but if I just play & not theorize about what it should be OR what I THINK it should be, chillout & get into the situation on the board before me...and come up with a cunning plan...move those units & play those cards I find myself immersed in a tense game full of surprises & tense action. I've never been disappointed except I wished I'd played earlier!

U can get a FIX from playing BC...now i'm playing Dixie...wow carnage all around!

Today I battle with my 4 year old, playing Battle Cry. He wants to be 'Blue' this time. That's fine as I'm training him up to be a wargamer!

Currently playing 'Ardennes 44' via Vassal and Skype with a pal in Texas (I'm in Australia)..we're using 2ndEd rules..

Is your pal Kevin?  He is an Australian I know that is living in Texas.

No..a guy called Tom from Houston..I do know Kevin from BGG..

Start reading the rules of Red Storm over the Reich.....I plan to play it during the Chinese New Year holidays these few days (next Monday is the new year day).  

I am reading Defeat in the East by Juergen Thorwald. Apart from the German operational movements and Hitler's hysterical interference in the defense strategies, the chapter of Storm over Prussia gave details of the account of the refugees suffering in the Central Government of USIR. There are some special rules on the USIR in respect of replacement and mandatory evacuation and Zossen as the communication centre of the German Army. I enjoy reading both side by side.  

The problem is all 3 scenarios require 2 maps at the same time on the table.  I am not sure if my table is large enough for that.     

I've been playing Boots on the Ground.  There is a lot to like about it, despite how horrible the rules are written.

I've got Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear set up now.  Cool system.

Are you playing solo?

Right now yes.

I have the game too but haven't played yet.  Have fun!

Last weekend, I finished up a very close game of A Victory Lost - Germans won though the Russians had a 50/50 shot at achieving a draw through inflicting sufficient casualties just outside of Kharkov.  Next weekend, I'll be playing A House Divided and will be starting a campaign game of EastFront II in February (my first; I'll be playing the Axis).

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Empire of Horses: The First Nomadic Civilization and the Making of China" by John…"
13 hours ago
Eric Walters commented on Kid's photo
Thumbnail

Coldwar

"Heck, I'd use this game for my ASL and ASLSK games, it looks so good!  I can imagine a…"
yesterday
Eric Walters commented on Kid's photo
Thumbnail

Black Hawk Down

"Wow--this is great!  I like the hexes far better than the squares for this particular game!"
yesterday
Eric Walters left a comment for Fred Thompson
"Fred, thanks for updating your profile!  I think your favorite games list has a great balance…"
yesterday
Fred Thompson updated their profile
yesterday
Kid posted photos
yesterday
Eric Walters replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Have got AVALANCHE: THE SALERNO LANDINGS by GDW on the wargame table and have it--at last--set up.…"
Monday
Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played: S&T 324, "After the Fall". Two Battles on the last years of the Western Roman…"
Monday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service