There are other aspects of gaming that take up our time from time to time.

Today I started editing my old website files where I used to keep my inventory prior to doing so on BoardGameGeek. It has been a while since I fiddled around with the files. I need to rebuild a CyberBoard page for Web-Grognards. This time I'll just have links to the sites, not each individual game. LYG site has over 500 gameboxes. Keeping track of that many is just too much for a single unpaid employee to keep track of.

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One thing that takes up my time when I'm not actually gaming is to update the inventory of my games which is over 500 now. Since I do horsetrading of games it is harder for me to keep the inventory up-to-date than you game hoarders out there. On BGG I put notes of the location of the games which is even worse since they tend to move around.
Ah, but when you're a lazy hoarder like me, Skip, you also lose track of what you have! I was just thinking that soon I need to re-inventory everything to see what's not in my database.
I find that keeping my inventory online helps. First it was on my webpage then BGG.
I'm curious - why is keeping it online better in your case? I guess part of that would be because of all the trading you do, but for me, I just want it in a database. So I'm curious - is there a reason you prefer online other than for trading?
Having it public makes me want to keep up a good "show". On BGG it also helps because you can use the Trade Manager program. I currently have a proposed trade in works.
Ah, OK, I can see that. However, my laziness is more powerful than my shame.
Don't worry. Growing up will help over time. At the office I started working for myself instead of the institution and my efficiency doubled.
Heh. But I have refused to grow up for years. But I know exactly what you mean - most of the projects I do now at work are high quality out of pride in my work, because it sure isn't love of the company!
My boss is such a putz. He causes more work than he actually performs. If we (the staff) could come up with a value of his inefficiency and waste they would hang him rather than fire him but...

On Topic
I also clip counters. I clipped CC:E in two nights.
I don't have a gaming library on BGG mainly because I don't have all my games with me (they are in storage here and out of state). But that will definitely be something I will want to do when I one day have the space to get my games back together under one roof. Hopefully that day may come in the next year or so, knock on wood!
Mine are mostly in one place, but I am finding piles of games in other parts of the house that I need to centralize. Heck, there are games I need to *open*! I have tried to slow down the number of games I buy a year because of this. But I keep telling myself that I *will* play them all one day - probably in the Consim Retirement Home you keep talking about, John < g>.
Given the number of games some of us keep piling up, I think our retirement community living center is going to need to connect to some game storage space the size of your local Walmart or Sams Club! Reminds me of the last scene in the original Indiana Jones movie when the arc was placed into warehouse storage.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2019
"Our 3rd play of Sixth Fleet ended with a very close Draw. The Russians did a good job of capturing…"
yesterday
76mm updated their profile
yesterday
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Rise of the Tang Dynasty: The Reunification of China and the Military Response to the…"
Monday
Eric Walters left a comment for Dave Stevens
"Dave, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social website!  You seem to be a serious old school Great…"
Monday
Dave Stevens is now a member of ConsimWorld
Monday
Jim Werbaneth commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post News, and It's Not Good
"Thanks Wayne.  I'm actually doing better now, and will be seeing the surgeon for my…"
Sunday
Wayne Rotella commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post News, and It's Not Good
"Sending you positive thoughts. Get better."
Sunday
paul torres left a comment for Wild Bill Wilder
"Do you have a business address. I am interested in obtaining your Battle of the bulge variant for…"
Saturday

Members

Recent CSW News Stories

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service