We've all done it--either sold these once beloved games or relegated them to the closet shelf or garage forever. Now, I'm not talking about "dogs"--yes, there's little to no emotion save for disgust, disappointment, anger, or even outrage when we kiss them goodbye. But what about games that were your favorites that you no longer play?

Views: 4127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have sworn off ASL, for the last time. Didn't buy the long awaited Rising Sun. Had sold off my starter kits. Play more solo games, as our board game group having lost its organizer and peace maker passed away. 

Flames of War.  I played it for many years, but eventually lost interest.  I also got sick of them coming out with new editions where I had to buy new rulebooks all over again.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm now relegating the venerable Avalon Hill TURNING POINT: STALINGRAD and its expansion to the closet.  I was a play tester for this title back in 1988 and 1989  and absolutely loved the game as it put both players into the mindset of their historical counterparts, von Paulus and Chuikov.  But Mike Rinella just published the premier title for Last Stand Games, STALINGRAD: VERDUN ON THE VOLGA.  It at first seems to be a very similar game but moves far faster and solves the problem of simulating the accumulating German casualties during the battle.  It's a much more expensive game and gorgeously produced.  But I think I'll be playing this from now on as my favorite Stalingrad area impulse system game!

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Profile IconYves L., Jason Cawley and Sebastián Alarcón Diaz joined ConsimWorld
yesterday
Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2018
"Camperdown 1797 (Flying Colors): The Dutch break for shallow water, British pursue."
Thursday
Oliver S. Linßen is now a member of ConsimWorld
Thursday
Thomas Margraf joined Scott de Brestian's group
Thumbnail

Michigan Wargamers

A place for gamers around the state to meet and converse.See More
Thursday
Tony Rogers is now a member of ConsimWorld
Wednesday
Louis Robert Coatney commented on Peter Perla's blog post Looking for Chicago wargamer to help with Fletcher Pratt material
"Peter, I knew Dan.  He got me started in (metal) 1:1200s.  6 Italian destroyers and 2…"
Wednesday
Mike Nagel and Christian A. Strasser are now friends
Wednesday
Christian A. Strasser left a comment for Mike Nagel
"I went to your Relative Range site.  It's very interesting.  Of great interest to me…"
Wednesday

Groups

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service