I was at Borders a few nights ago and I picked up 'Warhammer 40,000: The Killing Ground', 'The Art of Clint Langley: Dark Visions from the grim Worlds of Warhammer', 'The Army of Flanders and the Spanish Road: 1567-1659' by Geoffrey Parker, 'Forgotten Wars: The End of Britain's Asian Empire' by Christopher Bayly and Tim Harper and 'The grand Strategy of Philip II' by Geoffrey Parker.

I finished 'The Lover' by Marguerite Duras a few days back. I have just started on 'Battles of the Thirty Years War: From White Mountain to Nordlingen 1618-1635'. I am also in the midst of a few other books including 'God is not great: How religion poisons the world' by Christopher Hitchens.

What you are guys reading?

Views: 6214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks alot, Lee I really needed another trip upstairs. Okay - I have the book in hand now... Full title is Patton's Ghost Corps - Cracking the Siegfried Line by Nathan N. Prefer. Published by Presidio Press out of Novato, CA. (Hey, they're local!)
I'm really sorry that you had to make another trip upstairs!! :-) I promise not to do that again! I'm going to have to get a copy!! It's nice you have a local publisher!! Have you finished it yet?
No, I just started it this weekend. I was reading Larry Niven's Draco Tavern for something light and fluffy, but I finished that Thursday night. So back to the good stuff...

And trips up the stairs are okay - I was just being lazy... (Well, not really. I did go up and get the book. And halfway back down the stairs realized I had left the dust jacket with all the same info sitting on Chad's shelf... which is downstairs. D'oh!)
That sounds like something that I would do. Leaving the dust jacket downstairs!! Thanks for telling me about that book. What is Draco Tavern about?
It is a series of short stories written from the perspective of a bar owner running the only alien-friendly joint on our planet after the arrival of a dozen or more races of sentient space critters. Makes for an interesting look at humanity and a fun read, too.
You have some interesting picks!! I'll have to pick that one up! Thanks!! :-)
I just started rereading John Keegan's The Mask of Command, the textbook for the interdisciplinary military history/political science course that I'm teaching.
Yup. That and American Foreign Policy.
That sounds like light reading too!! :-)
Reading American Ceasar by William Manchester. A biography on Douglas MacAurthur. He starts off advancing the idea of his major flaws, then goes very deep into his life, deeper than 3-4 of the others I've read. Reccomended.
I'm reading 'Cat's Cradle' by Kurt Vonnegurt, 'Ironclads' by Peter Hoare, 'Halliburton's Army' by Pratap Chatterjee, 'Gaudi: The Complete Buildings' by Rainer Zerbst and 'Introducing Logic' by Dan Cryan. And a couple more.
Read: "Sharpe's Honor" by Bernard Cornwell. Battle of Vitoria, 1813, in Spain. Next up for Sharp, Invading France. Very Good.
"Hunter's Run" by Martin, Dozois, and Abrahm. Sci-Fi. Outstanding. Humans are a 3rd world labor force for Aliens.
"Death's Head: Day of the Damned" by David Gunn. Sci-Fi. 3rd Book in the story of Sven Tveskoeg, a semi-human soldier of the future. Lots of action. Very Good.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Vikings at War" by Kim Hjardar and Vegard Vike. A comprehensive military history…"
8 hours ago
Rob B left a comment for Eric Walters
"Thanks for the welcome!"
yesterday
Eric Walters left a comment for Will Kohudic
"GMT's AWAW is indeed a lifestyle, and that's even without the GATHERING STORM and STORM…"
yesterday
"Will, I hear you on the press of responsibilities (family and work).  That's very much…"
yesterday
Will Kohudic left a comment for Eric Walters
"Hi Eric, and thank you. I work full time and have a big family, so it would be most accurate to say…"
Monday
Eric Walters left a comment for Carlos Díaz
"Carlos, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social website!  Quite a large collection you have, but…"
Monday
Eric Walters left a comment for Rob B
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social website, Rob!  You appear to have some eclectic tastes in…"
Monday
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Will!  If you only have a few titles, at least you…"
Monday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service