I was at Borders a few nights ago and I picked up 'Warhammer 40,000: The Killing Ground', 'The Art of Clint Langley: Dark Visions from the grim Worlds of Warhammer', 'The Army of Flanders and the Spanish Road: 1567-1659' by Geoffrey Parker, 'Forgotten Wars: The End of Britain's Asian Empire' by Christopher Bayly and Tim Harper and 'The grand Strategy of Philip II' by Geoffrey Parker.

I finished 'The Lover' by Marguerite Duras a few days back. I have just started on 'Battles of the Thirty Years War: From White Mountain to Nordlingen 1618-1635'. I am also in the midst of a few other books including 'God is not great: How religion poisons the world' by Christopher Hitchens.

What you are guys reading?

Views: 6210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks alot, Lee I really needed another trip upstairs. Okay - I have the book in hand now... Full title is Patton's Ghost Corps - Cracking the Siegfried Line by Nathan N. Prefer. Published by Presidio Press out of Novato, CA. (Hey, they're local!)
I'm really sorry that you had to make another trip upstairs!! :-) I promise not to do that again! I'm going to have to get a copy!! It's nice you have a local publisher!! Have you finished it yet?
No, I just started it this weekend. I was reading Larry Niven's Draco Tavern for something light and fluffy, but I finished that Thursday night. So back to the good stuff...

And trips up the stairs are okay - I was just being lazy... (Well, not really. I did go up and get the book. And halfway back down the stairs realized I had left the dust jacket with all the same info sitting on Chad's shelf... which is downstairs. D'oh!)
That sounds like something that I would do. Leaving the dust jacket downstairs!! Thanks for telling me about that book. What is Draco Tavern about?
It is a series of short stories written from the perspective of a bar owner running the only alien-friendly joint on our planet after the arrival of a dozen or more races of sentient space critters. Makes for an interesting look at humanity and a fun read, too.
You have some interesting picks!! I'll have to pick that one up! Thanks!! :-)
I just started rereading John Keegan's The Mask of Command, the textbook for the interdisciplinary military history/political science course that I'm teaching.
Yup. That and American Foreign Policy.
That sounds like light reading too!! :-)
Reading American Ceasar by William Manchester. A biography on Douglas MacAurthur. He starts off advancing the idea of his major flaws, then goes very deep into his life, deeper than 3-4 of the others I've read. Reccomended.
I'm reading 'Cat's Cradle' by Kurt Vonnegurt, 'Ironclads' by Peter Hoare, 'Halliburton's Army' by Pratap Chatterjee, 'Gaudi: The Complete Buildings' by Rainer Zerbst and 'Introducing Logic' by Dan Cryan. And a couple more.
Read: "Sharpe's Honor" by Bernard Cornwell. Battle of Vitoria, 1813, in Spain. Next up for Sharp, Invading France. Very Good.
"Hunter's Run" by Martin, Dozois, and Abrahm. Sci-Fi. Outstanding. Humans are a 3rd world labor force for Aliens.
"Death's Head: Day of the Damned" by David Gunn. Sci-Fi. 3rd Book in the story of Sven Tveskoeg, a semi-human soldier of the future. Lots of action. Very Good.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Eric Walters left a comment for Larry Belmont
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Larry!  Yes, one doesn't hear much about this…"
yesterday
Larry Belmont is now a member of ConsimWorld
yesterday
Ian Schofield posted photos
Tuesday
Tom Marshall joined Ed Beach's group
Thumbnail

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

Fans of the GCACW series. Titles include: Stonewall Jackson's Way, Here Come The Rebels, Roads to…See More
Tuesday
Dave Smith joined Charlescab's group
Monday
Eric Walters commented on Jon Compton's group Gaming Modern and Hypothetical Conflict
"World War III is back!  A slew of games published on the long-abandoned topic with many more…"
Sunday
Eric Walters commented on Eric Walters's group FIGHTING WINGS series games
"So happy with WINGS OF THE MOTHERLAND and the LPS/ATO Kickstarter campaign to reprint an updated…"
Sunday
Eric Walters commented on Manabu Matsuura's group Talkin' GTS
"Still awaiting RACE TO BASTOGNE with baited breath, and then the game on Utah beach and the…"
Sunday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service