I was at Borders a few nights ago and I picked up 'Warhammer 40,000: The Killing Ground', 'The Art of Clint Langley: Dark Visions from the grim Worlds of Warhammer', 'The Army of Flanders and the Spanish Road: 1567-1659' by Geoffrey Parker, 'Forgotten Wars: The End of Britain's Asian Empire' by Christopher Bayly and Tim Harper and 'The grand Strategy of Philip II' by Geoffrey Parker.

I finished 'The Lover' by Marguerite Duras a few days back. I have just started on 'Battles of the Thirty Years War: From White Mountain to Nordlingen 1618-1635'. I am also in the midst of a few other books including 'God is not great: How religion poisons the world' by Christopher Hitchens.

What you are guys reading?

Views: 5614

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ASLRB
Read: "The War of Wars: The Epic Struggle Between Britain and France 1789-1815" by Robert Harvey. Outstanding. Highly Recommended. Note: 926 readable pages but worth it. Rule Britannia.
I am reading The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks.

It may well be the most important book I have ever read. It could save your life.
Good book but prefer World War Z....
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.....not a complete waste of time, but close. Liked Di Vinci Code and Angels & Demons better. But essentially, all 3 are the same book.
My mom's reading that one now. I might read it a little down the road - Dan Brown can be good escapist fun for a couple of days.

On the "to read" list are a big pile of Ospreys, Chandler's The Campaigns of Napoleon, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and some guy with an apparent drug problem.
Before Stalingrad Glantz,
Read "Pebble in the Sky" by Isaac Asimov. SciFi. My favorite book to read every few years. Always a great read.
"The Empire of Manuel I Komnenos 1143-1180. By Paul Magdalino. Good but only for those interested in Byzantine History and Culture.
'The Greatest Show on Earth' by Richard Dawkins.
Read: "The Lost Kingdom of Burgundy" by Christopher Cope. Very Good. A history of the Burgundian(today) area of France attempt to become a independent State. Too bad they failed. Author's opinion and I agree.

"God's Battalions: The Case for the Crusades" by Rodney Stark. Excellent and recommended. A factual account of the (Counter)Crusades against Islam and why they Really Happened.
I have just finished reading 'Forgotten Voices', which is a collection of different entries form soldiers letters and diaries from the First World War, and was done in chronological order. Absolutely fantastic book. Some funny bits, some sad bits, quite a few surprising and eye opening bits.
"No Triumphant Procession"

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Michael Walacavage is now a member of ConsimWorld
7 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for Randy Morris
"Randy, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website!  Hope you find some groups that you are…"
yesterday
Randy Morris is now a member of ConsimWorld
yesterday
Jim Werbaneth commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post News, and It's Not Good
"I just saw my surgeon this afternoon, and everything is coming along nicely.  The pacemaker…"
Thursday
Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played: GMT's "Genesis" with our gaming grp. A great Game. GMT's "Clash of…"
Thursday
Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2019
"Our 3rd play of Sixth Fleet ended with a very close Draw. The Russians did a good job of capturing…"
Tuesday
76mm updated their profile
Tuesday
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Rise of the Tang Dynasty: The Reunification of China and the Military Response to the…"
Monday

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service