I was at Borders a few nights ago and I picked up 'Warhammer 40,000: The Killing Ground', 'The Art of Clint Langley: Dark Visions from the grim Worlds of Warhammer', 'The Army of Flanders and the Spanish Road: 1567-1659' by Geoffrey Parker, 'Forgotten Wars: The End of Britain's Asian Empire' by Christopher Bayly and Tim Harper and 'The grand Strategy of Philip II' by Geoffrey Parker.

I finished 'The Lover' by Marguerite Duras a few days back. I have just started on 'Battles of the Thirty Years War: From White Mountain to Nordlingen 1618-1635'. I am also in the midst of a few other books including 'God is not great: How religion poisons the world' by Christopher Hitchens.

What you are guys reading?

Views: 6210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of my CCAC students lent me a copy of Stability Operations and State-Building: Continuities and Contingencies, from the Strategic Studies Institute. It's an interesting read, and although I just started on it, there are things in there I can use in my American Foreign Policy class at La Roche College tomorrow.

'Man Plus' by Frederik Pohl.
Its a good read.
May I know if you have read much of Pohl?
Not a lot. A few books when I was a teen. (long ago).
My last two Pohl books before this was more than two decades ago. I can't remember much except for a strong anti-establishment slant.
I can't even remember the other titles I've read, though I checked. I tried his "Heechee" series but did not like it.
Got a copy of "Vasily Grossman: A Writer At War" for my birthday a while back and finally started reading it this week. I'm still in the intro pages that provide the background for the times and Grossman's pre-war life and am learning new stuff already.
Watched Angels and Demons on Thanksgiving night, thought it was pretty good, cracked open the Da Vinci Code Last night, I'm gonna read both books in the next few weeks.
Glantz's latest and most amazing treatise on the city fighting in Stalingrad (Vol 2 of his Stalingrad Trilogy, ARMAGEDDON IN STALINGRAD. For once, the maps in his books are clear--and there a lot of them. For those of us who are/were serious players of STREETS OF STALINGRAD, all the maps are instantly recognizable. This volume is huge and simply breath-taking.
"Time Travelers Never Die" by Jack McDevitt. SciFi. OK but not up to his previous books I've read.
"The Arms Maker of Berlin" by Dan Fesperman. Novel on the' White Rose Movement' of Nazi Germany. Sins of the past coming back to haunt the present. Very Good. Must check out more books by this author.
The Nightmare Years 1933-1940 by William Shirer

Handguns: 2009

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Profile IconIan Raine and Aamir Zakaria joined ConsimWorld
17 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for Larry Belmont
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Larry!  Yes, one doesn't hear much about this…"
Thursday
Larry Belmont is now a member of ConsimWorld
Thursday
Ian Schofield posted photos
Tuesday
Tom Marshall joined Ed Beach's group
Thumbnail

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

Fans of the GCACW series. Titles include: Stonewall Jackson's Way, Here Come The Rebels, Roads to…See More
Tuesday
Dave Smith joined Charlescab's group
Monday
Eric Walters commented on Jon Compton's group Gaming Modern and Hypothetical Conflict
"World War III is back!  A slew of games published on the long-abandoned topic with many more…"
Sep 12
Eric Walters commented on Eric Walters's group FIGHTING WINGS series games
"So happy with WINGS OF THE MOTHERLAND and the LPS/ATO Kickstarter campaign to reprint an updated…"
Sep 12

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service