I was at Borders a few nights ago and I picked up 'Warhammer 40,000: The Killing Ground', 'The Art of Clint Langley: Dark Visions from the grim Worlds of Warhammer', 'The Army of Flanders and the Spanish Road: 1567-1659' by Geoffrey Parker, 'Forgotten Wars: The End of Britain's Asian Empire' by Christopher Bayly and Tim Harper and 'The grand Strategy of Philip II' by Geoffrey Parker.

I finished 'The Lover' by Marguerite Duras a few days back. I have just started on 'Battles of the Thirty Years War: From White Mountain to Nordlingen 1618-1635'. I am also in the midst of a few other books including 'God is not great: How religion poisons the world' by Christopher Hitchens.

What you are guys reading?

Views: 5294

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Finally got around to reading Balkoski's Omaha Beach. A very good read with great maps. I spurred me to buy the D-Day at Omaha Beach game by Decision. The book also has me looking forward to Battles for Normandy by GMT which should be here in a couple of weeks. The only thing I thought was at fault in the book was the lack of the German POV but you can't have everything.
About half way thru ' The Left Hand of Darkness' by Ursula Le Guin...seems quite different to her other stuff. Finished her latest 'Lavinia' just recently and that was far more typical of her style and theme ..also the 'Consolation of Philosophy' by Alain de Botton...a quick snapshot of 6 famous philosophers...
The Thirty Years War - Europe's Tragedy by Peter W. Wilson. 850+ pages. Wonderful book.
Reading Harold Coyle's "Team Yankee".
This novel brings back quite a few memories. I recall that there was also a wargame based on this.
I didn't play the game, but Team Yankee was one of the better books I ever bought in a grocery store.
What a coincidence, I'm also rereading Panzer Leader while I'm waiting for Glantzs newest book to arrive (its been shipped) part 2 of the Stalingrad trilogy..
Armageddon in Stalingrad, David Glantz arrived in the mail today!
Reading Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini.
Tony, The Clay Pigeons of St. Lo is one of my all time favorite reads about this time period. I have often thought it would be a great read for the new officer just to get an understanding about combat leadership. I used to work for Borders and would reccomend this title all the time. I am happy to hear you liked it. Wayne.
Holger H. Herwig's latest, THE MARNE, 1914. We finally get the German view in English. Stunning. Henstch gets a bit of a reprieve (although not much of one) and von Bulow doesn't come off looking too good. There's a number of cherished historical myths that Herwig takes on pretty well...and you'll find them quite, quite interesting. An absolute must for the WW I gamers.
I just ordered The Marne 1914 a couple days ago.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Rick Heli posted a status
"Now available the sequel to Founding Fathers, Founding Fathers: Civil War & the Gilded Age: https://upandawaygames.com"
yesterday
Scott Bricker is now a member of ConsimWorld
Wednesday
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "The Tanks of Tammuz" by Shabtai Teveth. This is the story of the Israeli Armored…"
Tuesday
Profile IconJohn Scherer and Andy Friedmann joined ConsimWorld
Monday
Mark DAgosta left a comment for Jon Compton
"Any chance you recognize this week's Grognard Challenge game? …"
Sunday
Gary Barr updated their profile
Sunday
Mark DAgosta left a comment for Jon Compton
"Jon, best of luck with Canvas Temple!"
Mar 16
Richard Hyder posted a discussion

Game for Sale - Storming the Reich

Compass games. Unpunched, good as new condition.Pics on Board game geek.Give away price at $20 +…See More
Mar 16

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service