I was at Borders a few nights ago and I picked up 'Warhammer 40,000: The Killing Ground', 'The Art of Clint Langley: Dark Visions from the grim Worlds of Warhammer', 'The Army of Flanders and the Spanish Road: 1567-1659' by Geoffrey Parker, 'Forgotten Wars: The End of Britain's Asian Empire' by Christopher Bayly and Tim Harper and 'The grand Strategy of Philip II' by Geoffrey Parker.

I finished 'The Lover' by Marguerite Duras a few days back. I have just started on 'Battles of the Thirty Years War: From White Mountain to Nordlingen 1618-1635'. I am also in the midst of a few other books including 'God is not great: How religion poisons the world' by Christopher Hitchens.

What you are guys reading?

Views: 6279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Read: "Oriana Fallaci: I'll Die Standing on My Feet" by Riccardo Nencini . A last interview, before her death, by this Great Human Being on such subjects as the Western Crisis, Terrorism, and European Identity. Recommended. Her book "The Rage and The Pride"(Outstanding) is the closest thing for a bible to me. I read it on any and all occasions for inspiration.

"Understanding Muhammad: A Psychobiography" by Ali Sina. Takes the gloves off and gives the cold blooded truth on Islam and muhammad. The concept of "peace" does not exist in this political ideology. Most Highly Recommended.
I'm reading Marvel comic books!!
'Lords of the Sea: The Epic Story of the Athenian Navy and the Birth of Democracy' by John R. Hale. Highly readable.
I was browsing in a second hand bookshop and found a recent (2005) edition of Arthur Koestler's memoirs ' Arrow in the Blue'. I read lots of his stuff in the '80's and had forgotten how much I enjoyed it..I feel the urge to read 'The Sleepwalklers' again...mind you he sounded like he was a nasty piece of work when it came to relations with women.

We are also currently minding someones else's house as well, and it's been interesting to poke amongst their shelves. I just finished 'The Year of magical thinking' by Joan Didion...always interesting to read books by writers.
Read: "Infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. A autobiography of this great human being's quest to be free and a warning to the rest of us on the true Islam. She stands with other greats such as Asma bint Marwan, Bat Ye'or, Oriana Fallaci, Sita Ram Goel, and Ali Sina. A must read for the 'insight' alone. Her follow-up just out: "Nomad".

"Fever Dream" by Preston and Child. Another novel(Mystery/Suspense) on FBI Agent Pendergast. Been a while since I've read a Pendergast story. Still, just as weird a character as ever. Recommended.
I bought "Infidel" last year but have not gotten around to it yet.

I finished 'Have a Nice Doomsday: Why Millions of Americans Are Looking Forward to the End of the World' by Nicholas Guyatt last night. Interesting volume.

I have been reading less this month, having been distracted by football on TV.

I am reading 'The Spartans: The World of the Warrior-Heroes of Ancient Greece' by Paul Cartledge.
A good read. My cover was different, tho. If you like this Cartledge book try his "Agesilaos and the Crisis of Sparta", "Thermopylae: The Battle that Changed the World" and "Alexander the Great".
Thanks thanks. I have 'The Greeks: A Portrait of Self and Others' by Paul Cartledge in my shelves somewhere but I haven't found the time to read it. I bought this volume about six or seven years ago and like the former volume, I haven't found the time nor energy.

I have his Alexander volume too.
In the middle of "Beyond Stalingrad"
Read: "The Closing of The Muslim Mind: How Intellectual Suicide Created the Modern Islamist Crisis" by Robert R. Reilly. This is on the Mu'tazalites Sect vs. Mainstream Islam or the Ash'arite Sect. The Mu'tazalites, who stood for objective reasoning(to some degree) vs. the so-called Ash'arite group(did not believe in any objective reasoning: Allah is the All) which won out and is the way Islam is today. This Crisis of Islam will engulf us all if something more than words is not done per the author. I agree. A 'must read' on our mortal enemy and how they think.

"The Genesis Secret" by Tom Knox. A Suspense/Mystery Novel on Gobekli Tepe in Southeast Turkey which may have been the "Eden" of the bible. Just so-so. It has potential as a Hollywood slasher movie.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "The Accidental President: Harry S. Truman and the Four Months that Changed the…"
23 hours ago
John Kranz posted a blog post

Moving to New Platform

I wanted to alert everyone that we are moving to a new social platform in the coming days/weeks.…See More
Monday
Phil Buczkowski joined Brian Blad's group
Thumbnail

Great Battles of the American Civil War

This is the place to discuss GMT/Richard Berg's GBACW series of games
Sunday
Phil Buczkowski joined Ed Beach's group
Thumbnail

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

Fans of the GCACW series. Titles include: Stonewall Jackson's Way, Here Come The Rebels, Roads to…See More
Sunday
Phil Buczkowski joined Hans van Der Drift's group
Thumbnail

The Pax System by RHB

One of my favorite games is Pax RomanaI thought this would be good place to find like minded…See More
Sunday
Phil Buczkowski joined Charlescab's group
Thumbnail

command and colors ancients CCA

For fans of Command and Colors Ancients
Sunday
Phil Buczkowski joined Jan Wiescher's group
Thumbnail

World in Flames

A place for fans of this fantastic ADG game.
Sunday
Ian Schofield posted photos
Saturday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service