I was at Borders a few nights ago and I picked up 'Warhammer 40,000: The Killing Ground', 'The Art of Clint Langley: Dark Visions from the grim Worlds of Warhammer', 'The Army of Flanders and the Spanish Road: 1567-1659' by Geoffrey Parker, 'Forgotten Wars: The End of Britain's Asian Empire' by Christopher Bayly and Tim Harper and 'The grand Strategy of Philip II' by Geoffrey Parker.

I finished 'The Lover' by Marguerite Duras a few days back. I have just started on 'Battles of the Thirty Years War: From White Mountain to Nordlingen 1618-1635'. I am also in the midst of a few other books including 'God is not great: How religion poisons the world' by Christopher Hitchens.

What you are guys reading?

Views: 5602

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm finishing 'The Works: Anatomy of a City'. I finished West's volume earlier. I am also reading 'The Trillion Dollar War'. And 'The Bottomless Well'. Hmm...
I wonder if West has declared 'victory' or 'mission accomplished' too early in 'The Strongest Tribe'.

I re-read Philip K. Dick's 'Time out of Joint' possibly for the first time since 1987. Heh.
The H.Beam Piper TERRAN FEDERATION series including "Space Viking" and "Cosmic Computer." Best part is that they are free (e-books in the public domain).

I use a Sony PRS-505. If I was in the states I would have probably got the Kindle but being overseas I would have been buying a item that didn't have wireless access. My Sony has over 400 books/stories on it, of which I have only "purchased" 17. The rest are FREE books from places like Project Gutenburg!

The Sony E-Book Reader does not replace all my books, but it has replaces most of my "casual" paperback reading.
Those are relatively forgotten classics, I'm a huge H. Beam Piper fan.
Are there a lot of books that are free?
My job the last 24 hours...Seriously I remember reading it in college and it was chilling.
A great read. Read it some years ago. Avigdor becomes a politician later.
Finished reading recently: SiFi; Cauldron, Omega, Odyssey, Seeker, by Jack McDevitt. Quofum by Alan Dean Foster(My favorite SF writer). All great reads. Couldn't put them down.

Reading: The Prophets: Who They Are, What They Are. By Norman Podhoretz. A interesting read but can be put down.
'We Were Soldiers Once... And Young' Should finish this week. No specific plans after that.
That book is AWESOME! One of the best Vietnam books I've read. The movie was pretty good as well, but not as good as the book. Isn't that the same ol' story?
I agree with you on both counts. The book is positively riveting.
Operation Albion : The German Conquest of the Baltic Islands by Michael Barrett .
My brother lent me this book and told me it was excellent. He is right! I had never even heard of this German amphibious operation from the First World War. It was the most successful amphibious landing of the 1st World War. Well written book.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

paul torres left a comment for Wild Bill Wilder
"Do you have a business address. I am interested in obtaining your Battle of the bulge variant for…"
12 hours ago
Jim Werbaneth commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post News, and It's Not Good
"Well, I'm back, and the procedure was a success.  I might die, but it won't from…"
Friday
Profile IconBRUCE E DAY, Ian Campbell and Tom joined ConsimWorld
Friday
Tom replied to Jo Bader's discussion What overlay would you need in the group Hexdraw Users
"Actually it turns out that the problem areas had values like 0,0,3 or 4,0,0...I repainted them with…"
Thursday
Jo Bader replied to Jo Bader's discussion What overlay would you need in the group Hexdraw Users
"just make it not totaly black. like 0,0,1"
Thursday
Tom joined Jo Bader's group
Thumbnail

Second Front

This is my tun-based game 'Second Front' for PC and Mc. It is showing tactical WW2 actions of…See More
Thursday
Tom replied to Jo Bader's discussion What overlay would you need in the group Hexdraw Users
"Hi, just got HexDraw and signed up for this group.  Good stuff!  I just tried making a…"
Thursday
Tom joined Eric Walters's group
Thumbnail

WW II Russian Front Games

If you are writing about GMT's Eastern Front Series, check out that Group. This is for all the…See More
Thursday

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service