I was at Borders a few nights ago and I picked up 'Warhammer 40,000: The Killing Ground', 'The Art of Clint Langley: Dark Visions from the grim Worlds of Warhammer', 'The Army of Flanders and the Spanish Road: 1567-1659' by Geoffrey Parker, 'Forgotten Wars: The End of Britain's Asian Empire' by Christopher Bayly and Tim Harper and 'The grand Strategy of Philip II' by Geoffrey Parker.

I finished 'The Lover' by Marguerite Duras a few days back. I have just started on 'Battles of the Thirty Years War: From White Mountain to Nordlingen 1618-1635'. I am also in the midst of a few other books including 'God is not great: How religion poisons the world' by Christopher Hitchens.

What you are guys reading?

Views: 6347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Read: "The Black Death: Natural and Human Disaster in Medieval Europe" by Robert S. Gottfried. Although, primarily on Europe this book also covers the disasters in Asia and North Africa from the Black Death. Does a good job but is dry and boring at times.

Read "Shadow Prey" by John Sanford. A novel about a Native Indian terrorist group that is killing gov. officials who are known for their anti-Indian beliefs. There is a plan afoot. Lucas Davenport is on the case. Also, Mr. Sanford is drawing attention to the plight of Indian Americans through this story. Very Good and Recommended.

"The Legacy of Muslim Rule in India" by K.S. Lal. In spite of a thousand years of muhammadan rule in India through brutal conquest, India has survived with a Hindu ethos. The muhammadans' that came to India were  cruel and contemptuous toward the native people and kept the Indian people under control by the utmost brutality. Their rule was theocratic and militaristic. So far as the Hindus were concerned, this period of muhammadan rule was a time of unmitigated suffering and misery. Excellent and Most Highly Recommended.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Dave Davieau commented on Brian Blad's group Advanced Squad Leader!
"Thanks Paul. I'm one of those & I know all but 1 of these excellent Gents :)"
Sunday
Paul Blankenship commented on Brian Blad's group Advanced Squad Leader!
"Hi Dave - the ASL players map has a few but the link may be out of…"
Sunday
Dave Davieau updated their profile
Sunday
Dave Davieau commented on Brian Blad's group Advanced Squad Leader!
"Hi Guys, Long time SL/ASLer. Anybody else in Alaska?"
Sunday
Dave Davieau commented on Jan Wiescher's group World in Flames
"Hi WiFers! My buddy in FL & I are deep into Waking Giant (WiFCE) ( on Vassal). I hope this is a…"
Sunday
Dave Davieau commented on Matt Severns's group Compass Games
"I'm currently reading the RB for Compass' The War. I'm very intrigued by this game!…"
Sunday
Dave Davieau commented on Eric Walters's group Avalanche Press -- PanzerGrenadier System
"These are my custom scenario tracking pages Scenario_Tracking_2021.pdf"
Sunday
Dave Davieau commented on Eric Walters's group Avalanche Press -- PanzerGrenadier System
"This is a 1 page CRT I made PzG%201-page%20CRT.pdf"
Sunday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2021   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service