I was at Borders a few nights ago and I picked up 'Warhammer 40,000: The Killing Ground', 'The Art of Clint Langley: Dark Visions from the grim Worlds of Warhammer', 'The Army of Flanders and the Spanish Road: 1567-1659' by Geoffrey Parker, 'Forgotten Wars: The End of Britain's Asian Empire' by Christopher Bayly and Tim Harper and 'The grand Strategy of Philip II' by Geoffrey Parker.

I finished 'The Lover' by Marguerite Duras a few days back. I have just started on 'Battles of the Thirty Years War: From White Mountain to Nordlingen 1618-1635'. I am also in the midst of a few other books including 'God is not great: How religion poisons the world' by Christopher Hitchens.

What you are guys reading?

Views: 5515

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Read: "Black Mountain: An Isaiah Coleridge Novel" by Laird Barron. Isaiah is a ex-hitman from the Mob who now is a PI. Does the usual but then a Mob Capo calls on his help in a double murder of 2 low level Wise Guys. He cannot refuse. This case will lead him down a path that pits him against a terrifying-and otherworldly-new enemy. Very Good and Recommended.

"The Mongol Conquests in World History" by Timothy May. The author believes the Mongol Empire is the beginning of the modern world. The Mongols destroyed empires, kingdoms, and replaced them with their own that was the largest contiguous empire in history. The Mongols caused changes, directly or indirectly, across the Eurasian land mass such as the Black Plague, new forms of warfare, religion, movements of people fleeing from their control that changed the demographics of lands(Ottomans). Very Good and Recommended.

"Neon Prey" by John Sandford. The latest Lucas Davenport Novel. Lucas and his team come to arrest a killer who has jumped bail but falls into a cesspool of bodies behind his house. The hunt is on, From New Orleans to LA and Las Vegas. Along the way more criminals are flushed out of the woodwork. Very Good and Recommended.

I have just started on the two volumes on French tanks by Steven Zaloga. This was sparked by playing War Thunder on the computer as a friend had taken to using French tanks in the game. They were pretty horrible generally in the game though their cast, shaped armour were pretty advanced.

I am also reading "Battle Flight: RAF Air Defence Projects and Weapons Since 1945" by Chris Gibson. This is about British Cold War air defences as denoted in the title, much of which were paper projects and prototypes that were never fielded. This is an area that I know little about.

"Winter Storm: The Battle for Stalingrad and the Operation to Rescue 6th Army" by Hans Wijers has just arrived in the mail. I have always wanted to read more accounts of the firefights in the tractor factory, the city fighting in general. This volume should have the narratives I seek.

And as I usual, I am reading numerous others, each at various stages of completion.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Scott Martin left a comment for Eric Walters
"Sounds like a plan."
Sunday
Eric Walters left a comment for Scott Martin
"When I do slow down, it would have to be RUSSIAN CAMPAIGN!  I love that game so much!"
Sunday
"I have been recently replenishing my collection of AH and SPI games.  AK or Stalingrad (or The…"
Thursday
"Well it was current about 15 years ago, give or take... I've been in the SF Bay Area for the…"
Thursday
Eric Walters commented on Eric Walters's group Marine Maneuver Warfare Wargamers
"New game out on small unit infantry combat in the Central Highlands of Vietnam--yes, it's all…"
Wednesday
"Sometime I should get into VASSAL--I just never have time for it these days with school,…"
Wednesday
"The current T-shirt looks terrific!  I like the "roll well and live" design on it!"
Wednesday
Chuang Shyue Chou replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"I have just started on the two volumes on French tanks by Steven Zaloga. This was sparked by…"
Aug 14

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service