Anyone know of any active gaming groups in the Atlanta, metro area? Would like get more FTF gaming when I can find the time. Thanks.

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Steve, look up the Georgia info I have on the CSW Club Roster page:

http://www.consimworld.com/clubs.html

I also encourage you to start up an Atlanta "Group" here if you would like to try and attract others that reside in the area.
John - I checked out the Atlanta ASL club page and believe the club is inactive. It hasn't been updated in nearly 5 years. I sent an email off to Hank Burkhalter but so far no replay. If the email doesn't bounce or I get no reply - I may just form one here in the town in which I reside.
Steve, I am in Augusta and if the price of gas was a bit lower....

I cannot find any board wargmers in this area!

bs
Yes, there is an active group of people playing ASL at the Warroom in Duluth once a month. Other than that I can point you to lots of Eurogame groups. If you show up to any of the Gamefest conventions http://atlantagamefest.com/ I will be glad to play wargames with you. Sorry to say the next one is not until Jan 2009
Dan thanks - I will have to check out the gamefest link! I am waiting to see how the meeting in Peachtree City will go tomorrow.

Steve
Steve,

I'm looking to do some FTF gaming and just moved to Atlanta about six weeks ago. Still in transition - if you know of anyone who wants to buy a house in Durham, NC, I can buy my house down here sooner, get all of my wargames out of storage, and set up a legit wargaming room in the basement (hopefully, knock on wood). :-)

I love to play almost anything, but right now I need to focus on a Wars of the Roses project - a battle quad that is moving along and I will need some playtesting help with. Let me know if you're interested, I can send files at this point.

The ASL groups is still alive, although the War Room meeting location is gone because the store wnet out of business at the end of last month. Dave Reenstra (dreenstra@comcast.net) is the guy to contact. I joined them last month, a good group of folks. We had three pairs for games, and a couple of other folks stopped by to chat. Dave educated me on the proper use of panzerfausts, encirclements in multi-story buildings, and clever uses of by-pass.

Jon

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Eric Walters left a comment for Larry Belmont
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Larry!  Yes, one doesn't hear much about this…"
yesterday
Larry Belmont is now a member of ConsimWorld
yesterday
Ian Schofield posted photos
Tuesday
Tom Marshall joined Ed Beach's group
Thumbnail

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

Fans of the GCACW series. Titles include: Stonewall Jackson's Way, Here Come The Rebels, Roads to…See More
Tuesday
Dave Smith joined Charlescab's group
Monday
Eric Walters commented on Jon Compton's group Gaming Modern and Hypothetical Conflict
"World War III is back!  A slew of games published on the long-abandoned topic with many more…"
Sunday
Eric Walters commented on Eric Walters's group FIGHTING WINGS series games
"So happy with WINGS OF THE MOTHERLAND and the LPS/ATO Kickstarter campaign to reprint an updated…"
Sunday
Eric Walters commented on Manabu Matsuura's group Talkin' GTS
"Still awaiting RACE TO BASTOGNE with baited breath, and then the game on Utah beach and the…"
Sunday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service