I thought I would quickly mention that videos and music are two modules that can be added to this site. I don't see a fit for music, unless we were going to limit it to military style music. However, I'm curious to see if folks think we are ready to see anyone here actually begin posting videos to this space. I can pull the trigger on that at any time, but I am assuming for now we don't really have a lot of folks going the YouTube route yet. Am I correct?

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just another reminder for those joining our network. When possible, please submit an external URL for videos or music/mp3 files. This way, it is more forgiving on our bandwidth costs when piping these feeds. I'm not concerned about photos as much, as they are much smaller in size -- but videos especially can be quite large, so a general rule of thumb I like to encourage is that if it's posted on YouTube or someone else already, please take advantage of the upload option in which you can specify the URL location of the file rather than simply upload it to this service.

Thanks for your cooperation! If you don't have this option, then upload away!
Well, I'll limit my music uploads to four files...some of these may be of interest...I like the WW I tunes--or the tunes that hearken back to that war. Plus other "Music To Wargame By." If I find music on the web I can link to, I'll be sure to link to those instead of uploading.
That seems like the best route. There's enough on YouTube and other sources that there should be little need to actually host it on ConsimWorld, except for those who make their own media. Plus, it makes life easier for you, in case there's an issue about copyright and intellectual property.
Heya - just like ths song :-)

I'm working to get my videos hosted elsewhere, it should happen this week. Then I'll shift to lnks like You Tube has. So if you want to gt one of my videos downloaded, now's the time.
Awesome, Tom. That will help keep monthly bandwidth costs down...I appreciate the gesture, but if you run into snags, just keep uploading directly here and we'll manage the cost by begging for continued member support.
Tech question,

I've got a music file in *.ogg format. Is there a way I can convert it to mp3 so I can upload it here?
Haven't tried it (don't run Windows) but this might work:
http://www.freerip.com/
John,
Music discussions have always been a huge part of Line of Departure's forum on the ConsimWorld Forum. I was hoping to link to videos on my page here too, especially for rock music with historical or military themes. You won't see a lot of American Idol winners, but there's definitely an interest in bands like Iced Earth, Jag Panzer and Amon Amarth among my readers. It'd be fun to have the option of including it.
I have always been a game "kibbitzer" (sp.). Some video highlights of gamers at conventions would be of interest to me. Sometimes game co. booths provide "previews" of upcoming games. It would be highly interesting for me.
On YouTube there are many videos of "Mehter" Turkish Janissary band - the mother of military music !

Deeply impressive too: a heavy metal +pipe organ remix: Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowley:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9ITZkuqDiBc
(I cannot count how many fast TripleA games I've lost due to errors while listening to it ;-)).

ManOWar - The Crown and the Ring
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e7ZEVcVws3c
Why just military style music? How about originals? Check my page for some.
Mine too; you won't find a march on there, but there's a lot of rock and roll, some of which has some connection to war and history. There's a lot more though that has nothing to do with either.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Otto Harkaman commented on Alexander Kasanof's photo
Thumbnail

On the Table

"These are on my to read list. Picked up a SPI flat tray of the game from Nobleknight"
3 minutes ago
Otto Harkaman replied to Terry Gordon's discussion Sharing ZT Game Boxes in the group zun tzu
"I love the program, but yes it fails since the developer stopped supporting it to play others…"
3 hours ago
Michael Wilding replied to Terry Gordon's discussion Sharing ZT Game Boxes in the group zun tzu
"http://limeyyankgames.co.uk Limey Yanks has a section for ZT game Boxes.  Not all of the game…"
3 hours ago
Terry Gordon added a discussion to the group zun tzu
Thumbnail

Sharing ZT Game Boxes

Despite the uncertain status of ZunTzu, I still find it to be a very desirable platform for…See More
9 hours ago
John Kane left a comment for Eric Walters
"Hi, Eric. Thanks for the welcome. I'll have a wee look around shortly. Family life is a bit…"
yesterday
Brian Dodge left a comment for Eric Walters
"Hi Eric. Thank you for the warm welcome. I am sure I will be able to find some great groups to join."
yesterday
Eric Walters left a comment for John Kane
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, John!  I hope you find some groups that you like…"
yesterday
Eric Walters left a comment for Thom Hall
"Thom, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website.  Yeah, I have that same problem with listing…"
yesterday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service