Getting Started with the CSW social networking platform

Please post any initial questions (or suggestions) you have here as you become acquainted with this CSW social network platform.

Views: 405

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Could we add some sub-sections for the video/music corner here John? It would make it easier to look for something, now everything is lumped together.
Andreas, I'll have to put in a feature request for this. I don't see any configuration options available for what you suggest, but it make sense. I'll double-check the documentation since I'm still learning all the features available here.
How can I see what colors I'm choosing for my page? I'm only able to see the number codes for colors. Please help!
Lee, I would try the FAQ section (link in topright margin) or the footer of the page allows you to send a help ticket as well, I believe. This service has a group that takes e-mails, etc. on problems.
Thanks, John. I will try that.
John...my "page" is pretty much wide open for people to come, visit and post.

I'm an open guy and I don't think evil thoughts, so I realize I could get burned...what would be a good beginning safe level for someone w/no My Friends or Facebook experience...I'd rather be a tad bit safe than sorry, at least until I get my feet wet.
Is there anyway that my blog posts cannot be shown on the front page?
Hi John

Is there anyway to highlight the unread messages in a thread from those that I read last visit?

Nigel
John (or anybody):

I guess I'm not that "web-savvy" - but what is the "RSS" for and what would you use it for? I read the "help" entry on it and I still don't understand! Thanks.
Basically, RSS is a system that lets you run a program to check for changes on web sites. You "subscribe" to a "feed" . Your program checks the web site to see if anything has changed since the last check (you configure how often to check in the program). In the case of CSW Social, if you have your program set to check every hour, then any new posts would show up in your program. At that point, depending on the program, you could read them right in the program or may need to go to the web site.

The main advantage is having an automated program constantly checking the web site for you rather than going and checking yourself every so often.
Jack:
So does that mean for example I would enter the GMT web site address, and then CSW would notify me if there are any changes in the GMT web site? Thanks!
See you in Phoenix, I hope?
Nope. You need to get ahold of an RSS reader program. If you put in the CSW RSS feed address, the reader will tell you when the CSW site changes. The GMT web site doesn't seem to have an RSS feed that I can see.

And yes, I hope to be at the Expo again this year, still finalizing plans.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Eric Walters commented on Nathan's video
Thumbnail

The Battle of Monmouth (28 June 1778) [FULL BATTLE Report]

"Really enjoyed this capsule coverage of this session--the game really looks gorgeous as you played…"
45 minutes ago
Jo Bader commented on Jo Bader's group Hexdraw Users
"Hexdraw 3D"
6 hours ago
"Hexdraw 3D<iframe width="560" height="315"…"
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
Nathan posted a video

The Battle of Monmouth (28 June 1778) [FULL BATTLE Report]

The Battle of Monmouth 28 June, 1778 [Clash of Arms Games 2008] [Full Battle Report] Designers: Richard Kane Series: Battles from the Age of Reason [BAR]
yesterday
William Broadhurst joined Robert Cleary's group
Thumbnail

New Jersey Wargamers

A place for New Jersey resident wargamers to network and find opponents near them.
yesterday
William Broadhurst joined Brian Blad's group
Thumbnail

Advanced Squad Leader!

This is the place to discuss ASL and all things ASL
yesterday
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "The Crusades: The World's Debate" by Hilaire Belloc. Mr. Belloc has an…"
Sunday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service