I'm awaiting this upcoming movie with interest...but will it be good or a dog? Let's hope it is done well.

Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The ads look promising, but they are hardly a good barometer.

Fingers-crossed.

I recently read the John Carter trilogy by Edgar Rice Burroughs. The books are excellent. They are good, exciting, and fast-paced stories. It is easy to forget that they were written in the years 1912-14. I hope the movie is as good as those books were. 

Well, I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but here is one review...the comments seem to echo poor marketing choices but generally seem good.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/leonardmaltin/john-cartermovie-review

it was a great old fashioned epic, makes me want to reread the books

Finally got to see the movie during a 12 hour plane trip from Paris to Kuala Lumpur...I ended up watching it twice,

Thought the acting and actors were not too bad, although the story was a bit jumbled. Having read the books i could follow, but it would be confusing if you hadnt.

Looks like a missed opportunity overall.

I recently got a chance to see it too (I know the reviews weren't too kind to it) --- I didn't think it was all that bad really; and it has made me want to eventually check out the books.

Another great resource is the background booklet that came with the SPI John Carter game...summarises the characters and the world of Barsoom very well.

I liked the movie.

Yeah, the movie was not as bad as everyone claimed.  I thought they did a good job with the wraparound (scenes on Earth at the beginning and end)  I can see where not having read the books would make it a little hard to follow.  I think they would have been better off to have made it more of a 'little' movie rather than an overblown 3D blockbuster.  It would have fit the Burrough's style better.

Too bad the dude at Disney lost his job over it.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2019
"Our 3rd play of Sixth Fleet ended with a very close Draw. The Russians did a good job of capturing…"
yesterday
76mm updated their profile
yesterday
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Rise of the Tang Dynasty: The Reunification of China and the Military Response to the…"
Monday
Eric Walters left a comment for Dave Stevens
"Dave, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social website!  You seem to be a serious old school Great…"
Monday
Dave Stevens is now a member of ConsimWorld
Monday
Jim Werbaneth commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post News, and It's Not Good
"Thanks Wayne.  I'm actually doing better now, and will be seeing the surgeon for my…"
Sunday
Wayne Rotella commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post News, and It's Not Good
"Sending you positive thoughts. Get better."
Sunday
paul torres left a comment for Wild Bill Wilder
"Do you have a business address. I am interested in obtaining your Battle of the bulge variant for…"
Saturday

Members

Recent CSW News Stories

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service