If we want to find a new home, away from our old home, we need to start some discussion and traffic don't we? The main difference betwween BGG and here seems to be less numbers, less discussion and less verbiage. I'm proposing to generate some with this: What makes CSW better than BGG? - discuss.

Views: 1878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a noob , a newbie or whatever you guys call someone that 2 months ago thought that " Risk " was supposed to be a wargame and that ASL was some kind of heart medicine ( not really , I am just trying to be funny :) ) and I was just hanging out around BGG looking for info about solitaire games when I came across Labyrinth The War on Terror 2001-? , and I was like , what a heck of title , I had to find out more about this game and so I did , it was my first wargame and it got me looking around BGG to find out more about being a wargamer and I came across a link to CSW and then on the first time I got here , I clicked on a video uploaded by someone called Enrico Vigilino , that was the best thing ever , when I saw that cool looking dude , smoking his pipe and drinking what in my mind was a nice scotch or maybe some good wine ( it might have been just plain water or hot tea but the scotch idea sounded better in my crazy mind ) from a cool looking mug and talking about the game that he was playing with such a joy , I was like , yeah if that guy is what a wargamer is , sign me in , but I knew that I had to find a lot more about wargames and everything about that amazing hobby , so CSW is helping me with that , I would say that for me , BGG was my entry level or some kind of tutorial scenario and CSW is being my advanced scenario when it comes to learning and talking about wargames , I was shocked that I found some fellow brazilians here too that have the wargaming bug on them , that was great and that's what I think , I don't dislike BGG , I just do not feel that it has enough info if someone really wants to get in the world of wargaming .
Sorry about the long post , I am in a bus going to New York right now so I had some free time in my hands :) .
CSW could hire Enrico as their ambassador :)

I have a few theories as to why it might be so quiet over here:

1. The Age Demographics is over 40+? (Naps are not necessarily a bad thing)
  2. We're too busy PLAYING the games as opposed to TALKING about them?
  3. A lot of us are doing 'hard time' after botching a (die roll, card draw, etc) and took it out on a neighbor, relative, pet, etc.?
  4. The SI swimsuit issue has preoccupied our time?

Perhaps because of the BGG reprieve?
Tactical or strategic naps?

#4 for me

What makes it better?  That's an easy one.  At consimworld I can moderate the folders where I provide support for the games I've designed.  Trolls, haterz, and liarz get the boot faster than a hobo at a White House dinner.  

I have to agree. Power....the simple, treasured attribute that is lacking at BGG as a designer/moderator. Sysop has empowered us and we self maintain, for the most part. At BGG there is always a presence hovering with no name or face manipulating, pulsating, like the gremlin on the wing of that old twilight zone with William Shatner.

I visited my game board the other day there to find that every single link to retailers was removed after being up for close to ten years. I had edited it now and then and went to do it and...poof...gremlin attack.

Location, location, location.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2017
"Finished World War I (S&T 294). There's a lot more to this updated game than the older…"
9 hours ago
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "A Single Spy" by William Christie. A Russian 16 year old boy, living by his wits…"
16 hours ago
Sergio F posted a video
20 hours ago
Jim Thomas updated their profile
yesterday
Brian Lucid joined Charlescab's group
Thumbnail

Vassal War Game Players

A group for sharing and creating vassal log files of games to share with othersCharles CabellSee More
yesterday
Brian Lucid posted a status
"Going to GMT Con 17, looking for POG, WW, FtP player who can teach me the ways of the dark side."
yesterday
Markm1767 posted photos
Tuesday
Marc 67700 updated their profile
Sunday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2017   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service