Currently I am reading:

No Retreat

Third World War

NBS v 3.0

GTS series rules

Views: 671

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OCS 4.0 is never far away. Pacific War- been playing through some scenarios. Just started the Guadalcanal Campaign.

I'm reading NBS and re reading OCS rules in anticipation of becoming a legend in OCS circles....well at least in that I will be a legend in my mind.

Otherwise casting about looking for what to start learning next.

For me its...  

Arctic Front and La Grande Armee for March

Vietnam 1965-1975 for April

Obviously, Mark H and I together with another friend are gonna play these games.

Steve, you are misquoting me! 

What I actually said is that I must be doing something wrong. I only played the first couple turns twice and can't seem to find a good way for the Germans to take City Structures. A case of not understanding what kind of tactics to use and possibly not understanding some of the rules properly.

In other words I've barely played this! 

Oops sorry Bill..well I've started playing this again myself..proper use of engineers one of the requirements I think..is the term 'City Structures' describing an actual terrain type in the new version?..if so it does not appear in the old game which has 'Light Structures'..'Heavy Structures'..'Fortified Structures'..and 'Special Structures'..the Mamayev Kurgan is both a hill and a Fortified Structure...

I just used the generic term City Structures because I don't have the game in front of me and couldn't remember the exact names.

Reading RAN. Which NBS game are you studying for, Kevin ?

I have the 1st three. Likely Marengo. I just finished the 3.0 rules.

Some conversion is necessary with any of those three.

Austerlitz far and away would be the hardest though, but I think it's feasible.

i got the impression the 3.0 rules provided a means to adapt? I have not read it all yet.....

There are some revised unit counters for the earlier games, you should be able to pick up facsimiles of them at the Gamers Archive pages via the MMP website.

Where Eagles Dare (MMP, Grand Tactical System)

Can't wait to try this game, my fiorsat in this series.

But I'm waiting for the soon-to-come VASSAL module because I could never actually punch out and set up this monster on a table at home. Fortunately, the VASSAL module (if it is on the same level of accomplishment as the one for The Devil's Cauldron) is likely to be almost as pleasing to the eye as the physical game is.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Kevin Duke left a comment for Eric Walters
"I'm with you. We actually hosted the "Team Squad Leader" tournament at Origins the…"
Thursday
Eric Walters left a comment for Kevin Duke
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social website, Kevin!  As you can see, we'll be undergoing a…"
Thursday
Eric Walters left a comment for Peter Gordon Rider
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Peter!  As you can see, we'll be undergoing a…"
Thursday
Profile IconKevin Duke and Peter Gordon Rider joined ConsimWorld
Thursday
Ian Schofield posted photos
Tuesday
Shannon commented on Brant Guillory's group Triangle Area (NC) Wargaming
"I am also playing mostly solo at the moment due to Covid. I very much enjoy Red Storm and Skies…"
Monday
Jamey Cribbs commented on Brant Guillory's group Triangle Area (NC) Wargaming
"Glad to hear you two are interested in doing some wargaming!  We will need to wait until the…"
Monday
Shawn King commented on Brant Guillory's group Triangle Area (NC) Wargaming
"I've been playing a bunch of the solo games I have, like Ardennes, Conflict of Heroes, and…"
Monday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2021   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service