Lately I've been collecting a lot of games from the first "golden age" of wargaming... the 70s.  I was wondering which game people think is the most underrated game of that period?

Views: 747

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes..I think what originally grabbed me was the engaging back story..an entirely believable Martian Revolt similar in many ways to this event in Australian history...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_Rebellion

While originally released in 1969, it really came of age in the 1970s given the tender care of Tom Oleson--ANZIO.  Still the best game on the WW II Italian campaign all these years later!  Felt somebody had to mention it!

ditto

How bizarre..... I had never heard of Battlefleet Mars until Steve mentioned it, and now a copy has gone up for auction on ebay.

If you can get it cheap, it's an intriguing game. Not something that I can see getting a whole lot of playings though.

It will be interesting to see what bids it gets. the same seller has Taskforce for sale too, both starting at 99p. Would be good to pick these ones up cheap.

I just picked up a copy of Taskforce (well - it should be in the mail).

I think I went $20 on it, which seemed pretty reasonable to me.

I have both games on my watch list, so I may well bid for them. Task Force appears to be a "double-blind" game, and going by the one of the threads in the games forum in BGG, it looks reasonable do-able for solo play.

Will you plan on doing a video review of it at some point?

Double-blind could be tough. I've wanted it for so long, it was a 'collector' pick up more than anything - but IF I can solo it, I will vid it someday.

In part, I was looking for something I like more than the Fleet series.

I think it will be a collector pick for me too, and like you, I will get round to playing it one day (if of course I win the auction). I seem to be buying more games than I have time to play (I must cut down on the purchases), so most games that get bought at the moment tend to be checked then stored away.

I don't know if you will be able to see this item which is up for auction, as it is one hell of a set of games:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321084684087?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&...

I will not be bidding, sometimes I like to watch to see what they go for.

A collection like that is pretty much asking for a dealer. I own a good enough chunk of them, that I wouldn't be interested.

Good point about the dealer. Judging buy the large shelving behind you when you do your vids, I would have guessed you must have had a lot of them, as there are tons of games on your shelves! Makes my collection look like a starter pack! Ha

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "White Gold" by Giles Milton. A Bio of Thomas Pellow, who at 11 yrs. old and 51…"
1 hour ago
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Relic" by Alan Dean Foster. A SF novel with a twist.  In the distant future,…"
Tuesday
Eric Walters left a comment for Bob Jones
"Bob, great to see you here!  Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website!  Hope you find…"
Dec 1
Bob Jones is now a member of ConsimWorld
Dec 1
Eric Walters left a comment for Chris Haupt
"Chris, it sure looks like you appreciate the pre-Napoleonic and Napoleonic era games!  1776…"
Nov 30
Chris Haupt updated their profile
Nov 28
Eric Walters commented on John G Galloway's photo
Thumbnail

GMT Stalingrad 42

"Am wanting to dive into this myself, but I've got a stack of games in front of it in my…"
Nov 28
John G Galloway posted a photo

GMT Stalingrad 42

Another fantastic Simonitch design that fits perfectly on my table.
Nov 28

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service