Lately I've been collecting a lot of games from the first "golden age" of wargaming... the 70s.  I was wondering which game people think is the most underrated game of that period?

Views: 755

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are big negatives to having a lot. Many aren't too good.

Apart from running out of space, the other disadvantage I can think of with having a large game collection is deciding what to play, but I guess you get requests from people on BGG and maybe even CSW to cover certain games, and like Carrier was sent to you by some one for you to review.

I have noticed Battlefleet Mars has got a load of bids on it already. This could be interesting.

I also feel compelled to play them all. And never have the time to fully explore anything.

Every time I mention to my wife that I think I have way too many games she always replies: "It's not as expensive as golf." 

Just added two more 70's games to the collection: Discovery Games' Source of the Nile and GDW's Narvik (both first editions).

Dave

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Nathan and BoardTactical are now friends
yesterday
Mizore updated their profile
yesterday
Eric Walters left a comment for Richard Northey
"Welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website, Richard.  PANZERBLITZ is indeed a class title and…"
Sunday
Richard Northey is now a member of ConsimWorld
Sunday
Jim Werbaneth posted a blog post

Talking about American Seacoast Fortifications

This is today's big project.  I gave a presentation at Armchair Dragoons' virtual game convention,…See More
Saturday
Joe F. (Art of Wargames) joined Jo Bader's group
Thumbnail

Second Front

This is my tun-based game 'Second Front' for PC and Mc. It is showing tactical WW2 actions of…See More
Saturday
Eric Walters and Joe F. (Art of Wargames) are now friends
Saturday
Joe F. (Art of Wargames) updated their profile
Saturday

Groups

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service