What are you pre ordering on 2012?/ Most anticipated purchase

What are you most excited about receiving in to play this year!

Views: 750

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got pretty interested on this game by taking a look at the map, but still haven't grasped the concept of the VCS system. 

Here are some key features of VCS Salerno...

* Scale is 1 to 3 miles/hex at 2 turns/day.
* Stacking is 3 units per hex. Combat out of a hex is restricted.
* Units mainly regiments and battalions, large units have strength classes which pull a strength chit for combat.
* Typically only one of these units may combat out of a hex along with all smaller battalions.
* Movement and Combat phases with a Reserve Phase for exploit moves of half MA for units which did not move during the Movement Phase.
* CRT for combat keys off the defender's terrain and uses column shifts for extras like air support, combined arms, fortifications, etc.
* Combat results have some mandatory step losses, but also mostly a player's choice on taking step loss or retreating.
* Advances after combat are along the Path of Retreat for non-mech units, but mech units may deviate.
* Support Points are used to allow attacks, entrenching, and various other functions during a turn.
* Supply is traced simply a number of hexes to a road which leads to the source.

Complexity is on the lower end with lots of tension. Plus, if you like Italy... the Russian steppes await in the next volume.  :-)

yeah that game is a long way off. thniking 2014.

I'd suggest just picking one up used if you can find one within reasonable shipping costs.

It's not uncommon, though you'll pay a bit more for the deluxe.

A new John Butterfield Bulge game, with solo scenarios. 

+ 1

So mate you own DC and WED too? But still getting the INS from MMP?

I can't ever remember what's likely.

Or what I've ordered. Always have to look back when

I score a used gem to make certain I'm not pre-ordered for it.

Lock N' Load's 'World at War: America Conquered' - a futuristic game (a la Invasion America?), or GMT's Panzer (a PanzerBlitz +++).

Wolverines!

Saints in Armor from GMT. Love this series but I don't get to play enough.

Rising Sun ASL from MMP. I hope this comes out this year.

Stonewall Jackson's Way. Great Battles of the Civil War is a series that I am just starting to enjoy. Sadly almost everything is out of print but I'll try to get my mitts on everything eventually.

It Never Snows, and yes I do have DC and WeD already.  SCS goodness...

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Jeff Duffy updated their profile
Friday
Mike Palmer posted a discussion

Cora, The Normandy Campaign Decision Games

Hi, I'm currently learning the rules for Cobra, The Normandy campaign by Decision Games. I hope…See More
Thursday
Zachary Miller left a comment for Eric Walters
"Thanks for the hearty welcome, Eric. I really like COH 3rd edition. The extra roll really adds that…"
Thursday
Dave Smith posted a blog post

A bit of a mystery.... who can solve this one?

When I returned to board wargaming in 2000 I started buying up used games and magazines from our…See More
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for Zachary Miller
"Zachary, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social website!  Am guessing you are quite happy with COH…"
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for Frank E Watson
"Frank, as a fellow RAGEr, I'm personally glad to see you here!  Welcome to the…"
Wednesday
Profile IconFrank E Watson and Zachary Miller joined ConsimWorld
Wednesday
Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played: Decision Games "RAF" intro twice. Brits hung on. Good game. Nuts! Publishing game…"
Sep 21

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

© 2020   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service