The official social platform for ConsimWorld
What are you most excited about receiving in to play this year!
I got pretty interested on this game by taking a look at the map, but still haven't grasped the concept of the VCS system.
Here are some key features of VCS Salerno...
* Scale is 1 to 3 miles/hex at 2 turns/day.
* Stacking is 3 units per hex. Combat out of a hex is restricted.
* Units mainly regiments and battalions, large units have strength classes which pull a strength chit for combat.
* Typically only one of these units may combat out of a hex along with all smaller battalions.
* Movement and Combat phases with a Reserve Phase for exploit moves of half MA for units which did not move during the Movement Phase.
* CRT for combat keys off the defender's terrain and uses column shifts for extras like air support, combined arms, fortifications, etc.
* Combat results have some mandatory step losses, but also mostly a player's choice on taking step loss or retreating.
* Advances after combat are along the Path of Retreat for non-mech units, but mech units may deviate.
* Support Points are used to allow attacks, entrenching, and various other functions during a turn.
* Supply is traced simply a number of hexes to a road which leads to the source.
Complexity is on the lower end with lots of tension. Plus, if you like Italy... the Russian steppes await in the next volume. :-)
yeah that game is a long way off. thniking 2014.
I'd suggest just picking one up used if you can find one within reasonable shipping costs.
It's not uncommon, though you'll pay a bit more for the deluxe.
A new John Butterfield Bulge game, with solo scenarios.
So mate you own DC and WED too? But still getting the INS from MMP?
I can't ever remember what's likely.
Or what I've ordered. Always have to look back when
I score a used gem to make certain I'm not pre-ordered for it.
Lock N' Load's 'World at War: America Conquered' - a futuristic game (a la Invasion America?), or GMT's Panzer (a PanzerBlitz +++).
Saints in Armor from GMT. Love this series but I don't get to play enough.
Rising Sun ASL from MMP. I hope this comes out this year.
Stonewall Jackson's Way. Great Battles of the Civil War is a series that I am just starting to enjoy. Sadly almost everything is out of print but I'll try to get my mitts on everything eventually.
It Never Snows, and yes I do have DC and WeD already. SCS goodness...