What are you pre ordering on 2013? / Most anticipated purchase

I am keen to hear and see what you are keen to buy and hold.

what are the must have titles for 2013?

what have you preordered and hope it comes in 2013 (OK Bill we know...OCS Korea!)

Views: 954

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice.

I have a limited set on pre order:

TCS Canadian Crucible (still not happy with LOS stuff there..but I have the set sooo...)

Mighty Endv.2 (SCS)

Reluctant Enemies(OCS)

Konisberg

War of the Suns

LNL:

America Conquered

Eisenbach Gap Deluxe

Heroes of the Pacific

GMT - none

Compass - none

ohh and Toulon fro Legion Games I think it is.

I was curious about The War, but I think that I will source a cheap 2nd hand copy. Jury is out for me on the ideal WWI strategic game that blends alt history/politics & Production.

Call me crazy but I pre ordered Total War, got the maps and counters.  NICE.

Hmmm not so limited set on pre order I guess. darn.

I couldn't stand the price on the used market, so I preordered the reprint of Decision's D-Day at Omaha Beach as well as the Peleliu and Tarawa additions to the series.

Next on the hurry-up-and-print-it-already list is Mr Simonitch's France '40.  I'm having a blast with Normandy '44, looking forward to face-to-face Ardennes '44 at CSW Expo, and let's face it: slicing through the French Army will be really entertaining!

I have  "Where There is Discord" on pre-order. I think I was lucky as it did not stay available for pre-order for long. Hopefully I should have it in the next 6 weeks

Even with the reprint adding copies to the market, a copy of Discord will make a nice retirement savings package for you.  If you can ever part with it, that is.

I think you are right, as I was looking at second hand copies of this before the re-print and nearly choked on my own tears of sadness when I saw the prices!

The same company has a new game called, "Codeword: Cromwell" coming up for pre-order soon.  VERY tempting (to me at least!).

I agree Nigel, I am all ready to purchase when it becomes available - which according to the designer, will be at the same time as when the Discord game is ready for shipping

I have quite a few other games on pre-order with GMT (France '40, Hunters, Wellington in India & Operation Dauntless) and Legion (Last Invasion, Waters of Oblivion, Redvers Reverse & The Great Game) but most will be a long time before arriving, especially the Legion Games :(

I am really looking forward to War of the Suns.  Given the price, I'm really hoping I didn't take a bath on this one.

It's supposed to finally see light of day this year, now that it has hit it's preorder # for the second time.  Someone (Steven maybe?) said it was going to the printers; I'm guessing summer to have it in my hands. 

Currently pre-ordered:

"Tanga 1914", "The Great Game" and "Maori Wars" from Legion Games.

I have a job interview on Friday and, if I get it, I`ll be pre-ordering, "Reluctant Enemies", "Wellington in India" and "High Frontier: Colonisation".

I`m also planning to get "A Distant Plain" but I think it`ll be readily available here in the UK so I shan`t pre-order it direct from the US like the others.

The only other game I`m monitoring is "Empire of the Sun" but I`m not going to pull the trigger until I`m sure the reprint will include ALL the corrected cards, counters and extras from C3i.

Good selection. I was thinking of Tanga too, but I could not quite convince myself of it. I hope I do not regret it.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Dave Hall posted photos
12 hours ago
Eric Walters and Mike Palmer are now friends
14 hours ago
Dave Hall updated their profile
16 hours ago
Jonathan F posted a status
"Eric, thanks. i got super busy right as i joined and had to put on hold the plunge. now it's on!"
17 hours ago
Dave Hall joined Jon Compton's group
Thumbnail

Gaming Modern and Hypothetical Conflict

Games that deal with modern or hypothetical conflict have become rare. The challenges that would-be…See More
17 hours ago
Jason Weiser commented on Jay Czarnecki's group Baltimore-DC-Northern Virginia Area Gamers
"Am long time wargamer in the Fairfax area. Have a few GMT, Gamers, GDW, and AH titles I would love…"
18 hours ago
Eloy Muñoz Galvez and Sebastián Alarcón Diaz are now friends
yesterday
Mike Palmer posted a discussion

Bataan by Cmpass Games

I've set up the first learning scenario for Bataan, Pearly Gates, and although everything…See More
yesterday

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service