Just curious to see what everyone has added to their collections lately. My collection has been growing since this discussion started, and it's interesting to see what others are buying!

Views: 448

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Forttress Berlin was a lovely game....Should order The Caucasus Campaign....
Jim, oh I have so many fond memories playing NORDKAPP. Back in those days I was stationed at Camp Lejeune and both 6th and 4th Marine Expeditionary Brigades had the Norway "contingency." I trained with 4th MEB doing Norway ALPINE WARRIOR workups. So the game had a lot of meaning to me and I used it to design some training scenarios for computer-driven Command Post Exercises when I was at II Marine Expeditionary Force wargame center.

Oh, and I do like FORTRESS BERLIN. Got SEALORDS and ELUSIVE VICTORY but haven't played either of them yet!
Smitty got me interested in Elusive Victory, especially as I have Downtown, and would like to devote some time to playing both for some compare and contrast. I played a lot of the old GDW Arctic Front and Victory's 2nd Fleet back in the day, enjoyed both, but was never really satisfied with the level of detail in the ground war for either, including the former. Then too there are many, many games of Harpoon Classic with the GIUK Battleset.

So my interest level is up, and I'm ready to get into my way-back machine for a return to the 1980's!
DOWNTOWN is such, such a great game. Quite a puzzle for both sides. And I love how the scenarios show the progression of air vs air, air vs ground, and ground vs air technology over the years! ELUSIVE VICTORY looks so good as well!
Picked up the deluxe edition of Twilight Struggle and sat down to play tonight. I had forgotten how much I enjoy that game!

Also picked up some games for our kids and the niece/nephews for Christmas presents. Can't say what in case any of them cruise through here...
I'll probably pick that up, right after Christmas, just in case Santa or Hanukkah Harry are bringing it in a couple of weeks.
recently purchased the TS deluxe upgrade kit. new mounted map, player aids, revised cards! Christmas is wonderful! :-)
I didn't buy them, but I got three games today as early Christmas presents:

Hellenes (GMT)
Black Prince (S&T)
The Santiago Campaign (S&T)
PENSACOLA: 1781 showed up on my doorstep this past Friday. I was one of the playtesters for this American Revolutionary War game by GMT games, so I'm very biased in favor of this extremely unusual title. Amazing to see this thing in print at long last. Tiny little British garrison of a chain of forts outside of Pensacola giving the massive Spanish and French besieging Army fits! If you like Mick Miklos's AmRev system, give this one a try. Good bit different than SAVANNAH which is the title that is most similar. Well, that's like saying chocolate is similar to vanilla. They're both ice cream, after all, but that's about it!
I stopped by Cary, NC today and linked up with Brant Guillery and then Scott Blanton at his new store 'The Gamers Armory', where I proceeded to help him out with some purchases. On the Euro side I picked up smallworld and the expansions, which my ASL buddies had introduced me to last weekend. I also snapped up some ASL crack like the new action pack and BRT guide (of which there is probably one already at home on the doorstep too :-)

Also got Hearts and Minds on the recomendation of Eric.

and then...I spotted 'The Campaign Manager' which I had to buy since I am helping run a campaign this election, so plenty of heat to keep in the a/c this summer to try them out.
Washington's War (GMT) and War at Sea (L2).
Picked up Bataan! and Silent War this past weekend. Bought Beda Fomm at CSW Expo, but haven't gotten it onto the table yet either. Also bought Runewars and have gotten in a few games already.

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Rise of the Tang Dynasty: The Reunification of China and the Military Response to the…"
12 hours ago
Eric Walters left a comment for Dave Stevens
"Dave, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social website!  You seem to be a serious old school Great…"
yesterday
Dave Stevens is now a member of ConsimWorld
yesterday
Jim Werbaneth commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post News, and It's Not Good
"Thanks Wayne.  I'm actually doing better now, and will be seeing the surgeon for my…"
yesterday
Wayne Rotella commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post News, and It's Not Good
"Sending you positive thoughts. Get better."
yesterday
paul torres left a comment for Wild Bill Wilder
"Do you have a business address. I am interested in obtaining your Battle of the bulge variant for…"
Saturday
Jim Werbaneth commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post News, and It's Not Good
"Well, I'm back, and the procedure was a success.  I might die, but it won't from…"
Friday
Profile IconBRUCE E DAY, Ian Campbell and Tom joined ConsimWorld
Friday

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service