As Charlie Wilson said about Afghanistan, "“These things happened. They were glorious and they changed the world … and then we fucked up the end game”

Wargame designer's and players are always anxious to play the kinetic bits of any conflict. But what about the end game? As we have seen so recently in Iraq, we're still not so hot at end games. Should this be a subject for wargames to tackle? MCS Group is about to release Battle for Baghdad (hopefully late this summer or early fall) which deals exclusively with the political aspects of the occupation of Baghdad. What other games have tried to tackle this problem?

Views: 52

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I wrote about insurgency warfare in Battles 1. Ici is definitely designed to cover all aspects of an insurgency. Has anyone tried it yet?

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Profile IconRon Fisher and Chelsea Rose Wendt joined ConsimWorld
yesterday
CC Snyder posted a blog post

878 Vikings Strategy Guide Pt. 2: Playing the English

Academy Games Creative Director Gunter Eickert has put together the second part of his strategy…See More
Thursday
Dave Smith posted a photo

C&C:N

One of the games I'll be running at this year's Pacificon
Thursday
Dave Smith posted a blog post

"Borg Fest" 2018 at Pacificon

I'll be among the dozen or so gamers running Command and Colors games at this year's Pacificon in…See More
Thursday
PittHistoryGuy left a comment for PittHistoryGuy
"Thanks, Eric! Will do."
Thursday
Stephen Weiss left a comment for Eric Walters
"Thanks Eric! Yeah, can't wait for Stalingrad '42 and the next game in the Next War…"
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for PittHistoryGuy
"Welcome to the website!  You seem to be a Renaissance Man/Wargamer with a diverse set of…"
Wednesday
Eric Walters left a comment for Stephen Weiss
"Stephen, welcome to the website!  You've got some eclectic tastes in games and they are…"
Wednesday

Events

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2018   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service