Wondering if there is any interest in a historical study centered on the 442nd RCT in Italy in July 1944?

I've got some material and an awesome situation where the Germans were fighting from caves. I think it can be greatly expanded, but wondered if there was any interest?

Views: 51

Replies to This Discussion

Could be a good thing with a extra map for the caves.
How big is it ?
Brian, I would be interested. Its ASL stuff, right?
Curious Brian...for the US MMC counters, did you plan on using the normal 6-6-6 1st line, or add in a mix of 6-6-6 and 6-6-7's? Having read the book last year, "Just Americans" which deals with the 100th and the 442 RCT, I found it interesting that both were considered "unruly" and pretty green in their initiation to combat...but more than proved their valor as situations arose. Perhaps a few 2nd Line MMC in there too? Did you plan any mini-CG for this? If so, it would be very interesting to see how you portray these units. BI would probably not apply (not that ANYONE uses that in their play) but these guys got tougher as losses mounted and situations got desperate. Also, re: Caves...would need to add in a historical SSR that allows nationalities other than Japanese to use Caves...the way the rules are written now it would not be possible for the Germans to enter/set up in Caves. IIRC, in Italy it was the 100th Battalion...the 442nd took those survivors and the combined unit fought in southern France...but my memory could be faulty...it usually is, so don't quote me on that one.
I was planning on a mixed OB..including 2nd line and green squads to reflect the actual nature of the unit...

RSS

Help Center

Latest Activity

Eric Walters left a comment for Randy Morris
"Randy, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social Website!  Hope you find some groups that you are…"
3 hours ago
Randy Morris is now a member of ConsimWorld
9 hours ago
Jim Werbaneth commented on Jim Werbaneth's blog post News, and It's Not Good
"I just saw my surgeon this afternoon, and everything is coming along nicely.  The pacemaker…"
yesterday
Joseph replied to John Kranz's discussion What are you playing?
"Played: GMT's "Genesis" with our gaming grp. A great Game. GMT's "Clash of…"
yesterday
Steve K commented on Steve K's blog post Games I'm Playing 2019
"Our 3rd play of Sixth Fleet ended with a very close Draw. The Russians did a good job of capturing…"
Tuesday
76mm updated their profile
Tuesday
Joseph replied to Chuang Shyue Chou's discussion What are you reading?
"Read: "Rise of the Tang Dynasty: The Reunification of China and the Military Response to the…"
Monday
Eric Walters left a comment for Dave Stevens
"Dave, welcome to the CONSIMWORLD Social website!  You seem to be a serious old school Great…"
Monday

Members

CSW Related Links

Please be sure to check-out these CSW services.

© 2019   Created by John Kranz.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service